Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mona5220 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2011, 02:12 PM
    I am being sued for a mobile home I sold because after the sale they are saying the p
    I sold a mobile home for my father and they are now 2 and a half months later claiming the furnace is broke and the water pipes are broke do to no heat in the winter but we had it winterized. They bought it for $2000.00 and are sueing for the full amount back even though they have continued to live there since jan 24th of 2011 and it was filed on march 7th,2011 and court is on April 26th,2011. First of all I am not the owner I just sold it for him because he has no minutes on his phone and works all kinds of crazy hours. I told them the power and gas were shut off in June of 2010 and the trailer was sold as is she said does everything work I said yes the only issue is the freezer gets frost built up in it and you might want to buy a different one eventually but everything ran great for my father. I never lived there can they sue me?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 13, 2011, 02:17 PM

Once they file suit you don't have many options. You can get them their money or answer the suit. If there was no warranty and it was sold as is you should win. Did any paper work actyually say "as is"
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 13, 2011, 03:34 PM

Anyone can sue over anything. The question is can they win. If you were simply an agent for your parents, they have to sue your parents, but can name you in the suit. If you have proof that the unit was sold As Is, they would have to prove fraud.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 13, 2011, 07:00 PM

If you did not sell it , then of course there is a bill of sale signed by this other person.

Also a mobile home will have a title, that the other person signed over to them.

If you gave them a receipt and if you took the money, you sold the mobile home

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile Home for sale no Title [ 2 Answers ]

11yrs ago a man placed a single wide mobile home on my property. Has never returned for it. I have been paying all the taxes on it for these 11 yrs. Can I sale it without a title?

Deed to mobile home not given at sale [ 15 Answers ]

I am trying to sell a mobile home I bought for cash last year, I have a buyer bt can't find former owner who never gave a deed to me. I only got a sales receipt that is not notorized. How can I sell?

Mobile Home For Sale [ 1 Answers ]

I have a mobile home I want to sell and was wondering what would be the easiest way to go about selling it. It is in fairly good condition-has been well taken care of-but, since I drive a truck I don't have time to go through and paint etc. Do you have to have a place looking like new to sell it?

Misrepresentation of sale of mobile home [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a mobile home, and the owner and I had a verbal agreement about the mobile homes condition that it was okay.. the owner saying that it would be fine for up to 5 years.it has been a year and everything is falling apart.. I have already spent up to 4,000 dollars fixing it within a year.. my...

Mobile home for sale [ 1 Answers ]

I have a mobile home for sale that sits on aproximetly a half acre lot I own but I can't seem to sell outright because banks won't give loans because it is a mobile home should I sell it land contract

View more questions Search