Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chochocho Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 06:55 PM
    Problem making colored marks in Photoshop
    Hello all,
    I just installed Adobe photoshop CS2 on my computer four day ago, and been tinkering with it. I've noticed that when I open a new file and try to use the brush to or any too to make a mark on the open new file, every mark I make seems to be in blackish and grayish gradiation even though when I go to the color selection functions like the swatch etc to select the desire different color, every mark I make still appears same as dark to grayish depending on what I chose from my color selection.

So I just wonna know, is there a setting that I have to make to get different colors from my desired color selection instead of same dark to grayish marks.

A website tutorial could be helpful too if someone knows one.
    miss k Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 2, 2007, 12:58 PM
    Make sure you're new file is in RGB... it's on the menu that pops up after you hit File > New.
    herman71 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2007, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chochocho
    Hello all,
    I just installed Adobe photoshop CS2 on my computer four day ago, and been tinkering with it. I've noticed that when I open a new file and try to use the brush to or any too to make a mark on the open new file, every mark I make seems to be in blackish and grayish gradiation even though when I go to the color selection functions like the swatch etc to select the desire different color, every mark I make still appears same as dark to grayish depending on what I chose from my color selection.

So I just wonna know, is there a setting that I have to make to get different colors from my desired color selection instead of same dark to grayish marks.

A website tutorial could be helpful too if someone knows one.
    Also try re installing photoshop software and when asked repair or install select repair

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rust colored blistered - excess moisture [ 1 Answers ]

The house was built in 1945 and is brick. Bought in 1999. North and west side of interior walls from baseboards up the walls a foot or so have rust colored water filled blisters and is covered with black mold. North exterior side used to have vines growing up the side to the roof. These were...

Colored Flame Candle [ 1 Answers ]

How to get colored flame from liquid fuel ?

Orange colored hair [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter got her hair color darkened a few months ago. However, now it is looking very dry and has an orange hue to it. She is a swimmer and had just begun swimming practice daily, so she gets exposed to chlorine everyday. Is there anything we can do for her hair to get that orange cast off...

Different Colored Filenames [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, this is probably so obvious, and this is definitely something I should know with how much I work on computers... but here it is... In my folders and drives some of the file names are blue, but most are black... Why are my file names suddenly blue? I am running Windows XP Home...

Anybody have this problem while making a website? [ 2 Answers ]

Ever have the problem where your making the layout for the site but it just never seems good enough for yourself. Like it might look good but not good enough for you so you keep working on it? I have this prob all the time , like it never has the professional look like other sites. No matter...

View more questions Search