Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dlp5658 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2011, 03:38 PM
    How can I get an verbal abusive live in out of my house
    I have a live in boyfriend and want him out.. he has threatened me in every way possible if he didn't do it he would have someone do it.. he is very verbal abusive... I don't which way to turn
    Edy020 Posts: 72, Reputation: 14

Apr 11, 2011, 03:47 PM
    If it is your home, you can go to the courthouse and file an order to have him evicted. The order will be filed, and he will have to move out.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2011, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Edy020 View Post
    If it is your home, you can go to the courthouse and file an order to have him evicted. The order will be filed, and he will have to move out.

Wrong, wrong, wrong - and I'm out of reddies.

You do not get an order to have him evicted. You follow the laws of the particular State concerning eviction. A person cannot simply march into the Courthouse and demand an eviction order.

If the person is a danger then the OP can attempt to get a restraining order to keep the offender out of the house - then she can get him evicted.

I'm sorry but the info you give the neighborhood kids and what makes sense in a legal forum are two different things.
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 11, 2011, 04:16 PM
    I think you should start by going to your local police department. Explain your situation and they should be able to lead you in the right direction of who to talk to, where you need to go to get this thing started, and what exactly you need to do.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2011, 04:25 PM

She wants him out of HER house. If it is, in fact, HER house and his name is not on the paperwork she needs to evict him.

The Police are not going to get involved in a civil matter. If his behavior rises to the level of criminal behavior, yes, the Police will get involved.

The Police cannot and will not give legal advice. In NY if you get a restraining order that does NOT evict the other person. It keeps him/her away for a certain period but then he/she can come right back into the house.

You follow the order of protection with eviction.

Please don't post "I think" on the legal boards. We take pride in our answers, our research. Nothing that is posted by the regulars is done quickly or by the seat of our pants.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 11, 2011, 06:34 PM

You have two choices: 1) follow the eviction process for your area. This usually means serving a 30 day notice and if he doesn't leave then go to court for an eviction order. 2) get a restraining order to get him to stay away.

You might want to contact a local battered women support group for help.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 11, 2011, 07:07 PM

Dlp, you are batting 500 here. Listen only to Scott and Judy
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 11, 2011, 07:14 PM

If you are being threatened, first how many times have you called the police on him when he has threatened you. How much paper work do you have to prove this history of abuse.
    Does he get physical, what happens if you just refuse to do what he wants ?

But in general, unless you can get a restraining order against him, you will have to give him notice to move, and if he does not, evict him in court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get my abusive son out of my house? [ 10 Answers ]

My son is an alcoholic that has been through recovery. He is home only four weeks, drinking again, and has moved into my bedroom. I have twin beds; he took over one of the beds and refuses to get out. This is absolutely disgusting; I want him out of my house. He has no respect for me. I don't...

Renting out room in house/verbal agreement after 12 days I want him out [ 11 Answers ]

I am a single mom renting out my master bedroom in my house... month to month verbal agreement. This tenant/renter after 12 days has shown hostile harassing behavior --it was a mutual agreement for him to move out after I advised him that this was not going to workout. He agreed... Now he is...

How do I get my abusive son out of my house [ 3 Answers ]

I have an abusive 40-year-old son living with me. I had to leave my own house because of his behavior. He won't leave my house, how do I legally get him to leave?

Family feued over house verbal agreement gone wrong [ 1 Answers ]

Family feued over house The situation is 4 years ago my father inlaw asked myself and my wife to move into a house. The deal was he and his wife would put the deposit and complete building the home we would pay the mortgage and the mortgage would be put in our name within 3 years after we moved...

View more questions Search