Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bv_3mother Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2011, 12:21 PM
    My 2 year old sees a man
    Me and my 3 children recently moved into a new house and my 2 year old has been terrified every since. He will be watching TV and out of nowhere he will scream and be shaking with his heart beating fast. I ask him what is wrong and he says that man scared me. I ask him to show me where and he will take me to my room and point. I was holding him and we walked in there to see and he kept saying no and tried crawling over my shoulders. After we got in the room we looked around and with his relieved voice he said "no body is in here, he went home." The last 2 days he has been running to hide behind furniture if we are not in the room with him because he says "Woowoo keeps scaring me". He won't sleep because he keeps looking around the room even when I am in there. My son is a very happy child that has never had a reason to be scared. I monitor what is on TV and what people say around him. It has gotten worse because now he calls whatever he sees "Woowoo". That is my brothers nick name. My brother has not been to the house since we moved in. These things happened to me and my 16 year old daughter when we were younger but not at this young of an age. What can I do to help my child not be afraid all the time.
    sharper11 Posts: 369, Reputation: 102

Apr 11, 2011, 12:31 PM
    Hire a paranormal investigator. Or video tape your 2 year old at night and see what is gong on.

---- Does your child know that things like this happened to you when you were little?

Apr 11, 2011, 01:05 PM
    No I didn't tell my older 2 until they where teenagers. I didn't want to encourage their curiousity about the paranormal. We do not discuss it around my 2 year old at all.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Apr 11, 2011, 02:13 PM
    I disagree about hiring a paranormal investigator. They typically can only document minor activity and rarely offer any real help. As Sharper said, it might be a good idea to video his room at night or whenever he gets the most activity, but don' try and communicate. Do you think this thing he is seeing might LOOK like your brother? I'm also curious, since you said this type of thing has happened to you and your daughter... and now your son, which seems to be involving your brother somehow... is your brother involved with any form of the occult, such as ouija or witchcraft or any sort of spiritist religion? I'd love to help you... it breaks my heart when children are involved in these messes.

Apr 11, 2011, 02:33 PM
    Comment on hauntinghelper's post
    I think that he is relating the shape maybe to my brother. He is a very large man in size and my son hasn't ever been around anyone else that large. No witchcraft, my brother is a big teddy bear and is worried how this will affect their relationship. Doesn't want to be connected to whatever this is in my sons eyes. My son is also having night terrors. Started about a month ago and starting getting scared when we moved in the new place last week.

Apr 11, 2011, 05:19 PM
    Well, it does sound more like he is just associating his size to him. If I may ask, how does religion come into play with your family?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 11, 2011, 06:35 PM

2 year olds have very vivid imaginations. This is usually the age when "monsters" come into play. I would downplay it as much as possible.

Apr 11, 2011, 06:40 PM
    There is always that too... and that's kind of an obvious one. Only you know your child enough to know how serious they are about a situation. On this end, we're severaly limited by the internet. But, to be honest, I tend to believe you judging by how he is acting. I've been in the same situation and it was legit.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Apr 12, 2011, 10:21 AM
    This may be unusual but have him show you where the man is and take pictures and/or video of the area.

It may be imagination but if it is terrifying him it is time to do something.
    Playing it down to the child is a great idea to lessen his fear, but at the same time realize there is a chance he is aware of something others are not.
    I would do all I could to find this out without making it a big deal to the child.

Do you have any pets? Do they react?
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Apr 12, 2011, 10:31 AM
    Comment on hauntinghelper's post
    For what it's worth
    A friend of mines son at 3 began to refuse to go into his new bedroom when they moved. He said it was because of the man with owie feet , it went on and got to where he was almost constantly terrified.
    They had the house blessed and his terror stopped that same day.

May 10, 2011, 05:52 PM
    Anything new to report? Has the problem gone away or are you still dealing with it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 10-year-old daughter says she sees and interacts with ghosts [ 18 Answers ]

I'm 38 and would consider myself open to paranormal experiences. I once lived in a haunted house-- the house I owned when my child was born is, in fact, also the home to two ghosts I experienced while living there. I suspected so, but really confirmed it with another home owner a few years after...

My 2 year old says he sees dead people [ 20 Answers ]

Okay- Tuesday night, my 2 1/2 year old was walking around the living room and kitchen, waving at the walls here an there, and saying "hi". I thought he was just being silly, but when my husband asked him who he was waving at, he replied... "dead people". No he hasn't seen the 6th sense. A couple...

My 2 year old sees people who are not there [ 12 Answers ]

My 2 1/2 year old daughter sees people that are not there in my house, she has said "HI" to people that she says is a man, she has said "LOOK MOMMY MONSTER" i would say that there is nobody there but she says there is. This has happened several times and she screams in her sleep everyt night, and...

4 year old sees people/animals who aren't there [ 4 Answers ]

My 4 year old son has told us that he has seen hands coming from under his door and is avid about it, then last night he comes in my room with a stomach ache and I sit with him in the dark soothing him, half asleep myself and he points to the corner of the room and says who's that over there? I say...

View more questions Search