Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2011, 08:45 AM
    Holster (concealed carry) for my Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380
    I carry the S&W Bodyguard 380 in a "concealed carry" holster that is made by De Santis. It's getting pretty stretched out.

It's the type that clips to my pants where the gun itself is on the inside.

I'd like to find some suppliers of "concealed carry" holsters that are designed specifically for my model, but I'm having a hard time.

Can anyone suggest a good supplier of Concealed Carry holsters for my gun - that will fit it better than the generic one that I'm using now?

Thanks!

PS. I am working with the Dev Team to make a new board that is dedicated to guns, so that future questions won't have to be put into this "other" category of "Home and Garden".
    raisingale Posts: 71, Reputation: 20

Apr 11, 2011, 09:14 AM

Check out Kholster. They make a great product. I use one with my S&W J-Frame Airweight. The more you wear it the better it fits. It's a leather/Kydex IWB Tuckable holster.
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2011, 09:20 AM

Kholster's site is hard to use. There is no search option for me to find their recommendation for my gun.

I saw some cool looking holsters (at a recent gun show) made by Fobus, but their website is also cruddy in that it does not allow me to search their site for a holster that is designed for my gun.

What I'd really love is a holster supplier that will let me see the holsters that they have that are designed for a particular gun.
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2011, 09:21 AM

My bad. I now see the Compatibility Chart that Kholster has. I'm checking it out now.

Apr 11, 2011, 10:24 AM

E-mail them directly if you have any questions too. Real nice folks. I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just own 2 models, 1 for a Bersa CC .380 and the other for the S&W.
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2011, 05:19 AM

So you have the S&W BG 380 also?
    What holster do you use for it?
    Thanks for the tip, I'll give them a call if I can't find a confirmed match on their site.

Apr 12, 2011, 05:33 AM

I don't have the Body Guard, I have the 442 Airweight .38. Interestingly enough, when I contacted Kholster about a holster for the Bersa .380 CC model he didn't have a form yet but went out of his way to find one. He then made and shipped me the holster at a discount since I was a guinea pig. The BG is quite popular now, I bet he has holsters for them. If not maybe he will and you'll get a deal. One thing to bear in mind with these holsters, they get better and better with wear. The thick piece of leather that contacts your body basically forms to you the more you wear it. Also, if you're in no great hurry sign up to get on his mailing list. He has specials pretty frequently.
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2011, 08:05 AM

Thanks, raisingale! I'll definitely give them a call.

Apr 12, 2011, 09:10 AM

Good luck in your search. The main Kholster competitor is the Crossbreed Supertuck. It's an interesting debate as to which is better. The Supertuck is much pricier but it does have very vocal proponents. The Supertuck folks seem to hate the Kholster but the Kholster owners are all pretty uniform in their opinion that the Kholster is a comparable product at a better price. Having no experience with the Supertuck I can't say one way or another. The aesthetics of an item meant to be concealed don't strike me as warranting a much higher price though. Not too mention, if the plain leather look of the Kholster doesn't appeal to you I'd assume you could dye it any color you wanted. It does take on a darker patina the more you wear it so that also seems unnecessary to me. To each their own!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Antique Smith & Wesson revolver info needed [ 9 Answers ]

My great-uncle recently passed away and among his guns there is a revolver with a tip-up barrel. It is a .32 caliber with a 3 1/2" barrel, it is nickel plated with pearl grips and bears the serial number 58734. Along the top of the barrel it says Smith&Wesson Springfield, Mass. U.S.A. Pat'D Feb 20...

Antique smith&wesson [ 1 Answers ]

Have a Smith&Wesson rev.-1 I/4" barrel -barrel is stamped 38 S&W-CTG-right side stamped Made in USA- Marcas Registradas-Smith & Wesson-Springfield Mass-inside cyl.is 33 0 with a 5 stamped under the 33 0 ser# 58774 --Any info ?

Smith & wesson revolver 5 shot c. 1880 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a S&W 38 cal that is a 5 shot single.dbl action revolver. The serial number is 95138 with the first pat as Jan 17 & 24 65 and the last May 11 & 25 1880. When was this revolver made. Also what would the general worth be as there is very little blueing left. It has a wood grip with the...

View more questions Search