Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chris051873 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 05:20 PM
    Cloudy water,but clears up
    I have cloudy water coming out of the kitchen faucet,if I let the cup of water sit the water clears up, what is going on?
    dmatos Posts: 204, Reputation: 26

Jan 23, 2007, 08:27 PM
    It could be tiny tiny bubbles in the water. Try taking the aerator off your faucet, and see if it's still cloudy. If it's not, then I'd say it's tiny bubbles.
    chris051873 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 08:30 PM
    Thanks,, I'll check it out and get back with you
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 25, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dmatos
    It could be tiny tiny bubbles in the water. Try taking the aerator off your faucet, and see if it's still cloudy. If it's not, then I'd say it's tiny bubbles.
    dmatos answer was right on target. The cloudy water was caused by air bubbles and the water cleared when the bubbles dissolved. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cloudy 10 gal. Fresh Water Tank [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Here we go I set up a 10 gal. fresh water fish tank up back in November, I have no fish in the tank. 1) the PH was very high so I tried to get the ph down (still working on this) 2) the tank has been very cloudy (milky) for about 1 1/2 months No matter what I do its very cloudy and the...

Cloudy aquarium water [ 1 Answers ]

I have an already established aquarium, but cannot get rid of the cloudiness. The ph is Good. Christine

Brown hot water in tub/ and cloudy water in well [ 4 Answers ]

I just bought a new house. It has an electric RHEEM hot water heater and I am running it on a well. 1st question about the well cold water is cloudy and I have run the well for 3 straight days. The well is 181 ft deep. Is there a way to get ride of the cloudy water? 2nd My hot water...

Fish tank cloudy [ 6 Answers ]

All the typical teats come back normal (ammonia, nitrite,nitrate) but the water stays cloudy no matter the water changed or not. The fish tank is a 72 bow front with 4 fish 2 Amazon tiger catfish both about 8 in. 1 armor catfish and 1 pleco. I know the tank is not over stocked or over feed. Any...

Cloudy Fish Bowl [ 5 Answers ]

We just got two fish and put them into a fish bowl yesterday (I don't know what kind of fish they are, put was told they do well in a bowl). This morning the water in the bowl is quite cloudy. What do I do?

View more questions Search