Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pandora8191 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2011, 11:47 PM
    Divorce and marriage issues
    My wife is trying to give up on our marriage an we have only been married for about 3 an a half months an we have a 3 month old baby boy, I'm trying to work this out with her but she wants to do a divorce. Do I have to sign the papers? Cause I want to work this out or what can I do to work something out, can I ask to the cort to make us try a marige consoler or something?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 11, 2011, 03:51 AM

ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area. Many areas have no fault divorce laws which make it easier to get a divorce. Some of those laws do require counseling before a divorce. So to answer your question we need to know the area.

From the timing it sounds like you married because you got her pregnant. That is not a good basis for a marriage. Also, without knowing the background its harder to advise.
    melissa7294 Posts: 33, Reputation: -1

Apr 23, 2011, 11:34 PM
    If you don't accept to sign the divorce paperwork, you may need a reason for not doing so. If she has proof of reasons she wants the divorce, and they are acceptable then it is necessary for you to be present at court. Absence will just corrupt everything. Your boy may be a good reason for you to change your life.
    Try different ways to get your wife back before winning the court or making changes to anything.
    Don't let yourself picture a bad future for your son, and refresh your life.
    Start by a vacation or something that may make her change the thoughts about this genre. If nothing changes, your wife may have a GOOD reason to leave.
    "this is my opinion, mostly when there is a child in between your life."
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 24, 2011, 04:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by melissa7294 View Post
    If you don't accept to sign the divorce paperwork, you may need a reason for not doing so. If she has proof of reasons why she wants the divorce, and they are acceptable then it is necessary for you to be present at court. absence will just corrupt everything. Your boy may be a good reason for you to change your life.
    Try different ways to get your wife back before winning the court or making changes to anything.
    Don't let yourself picture a bad future for your son, and refresh your life.
    Start by a vacation or something that may make her change the thoughts about this genre. If nothing changes, your wife may have a GOOD reason to leave.
    "this is my opinion, mostly when there is a child in between your life."
    This is the law board and we try to stick to the law when giving answers. Your answer isn't accurate so please pay attention before answering on this section of the board.

At 3 months most likely there won't be a divorce. It would be an anullment. Also in the matter of divorce almost all states have "no fault" so it doesn't matter what the reason is a divorce can take place. The other party doesn't have to particpate either. It still can be done.

Apr 24, 2011, 09:10 AM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    Thanks for the correction

Apr 24, 2011, 10:05 AM
    Comment on melissa7294's post
    OK stop the dislikes
    I'm sorry

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorce issues [ 2 Answers ]

I came across your site doing research. My husband died June 2010. His first wife who we both thought they were divorced back in 1984 has filed claim as surviving spouse. I went back in the records, and discovered she filed an interlocutory judgment for dissolution of marriage, then filed a default...

Marriage after divorce [ 8 Answers ]

How long after divorce do you have to wait to remarry?

Custody Issues after Divorce [ 10 Answers ]

I have been divorced for 4 years, my ex just recently started seeing our children after 3 years and my 15 year old son has decided that life would be better for him with his father. There is very little discipline, much favoritism shown to my son over my daughter and their father flat out tells...

Marriage and divorce [ 2 Answers ]

I asked this question yesterday and I don't think people understood what I meant.. so I will try again... How likely is it that you divorce your spouse and remarry him 4 years later that it will work out. Does any body believe that it can it was a very nasty divorce... I just don't think 2nd...

Marriage [ 2 Answers ]

I want to marry an illgal mexican immigrant

View more questions Search