Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Budda0714 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Chemical mixture
    What happens when water and bleach are mixed together?
    dmatos Posts: 204, Reputation: 26

Jan 23, 2007, 08:31 PM
    Bleach is, er, *searches the back of his brain* Sodium Hypochlorite solution.

That means that it starts as the dry ingredient NaClO, and when you add water, it dissolves in it into Na+ ions, and ClO- ions, just like table salt will dissolve into Na+ and Cl- ions.

So, what happens when you add water to salty water? It gets more dilute. What happens when you add water to bleach? It gets more dilute. It's still bleach, it's just not as strong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mixture Problems [ 1 Answers ]

How many ounces of pure water must be added to 80oz of a 20% acid solution to make a solution that is 12% acid? (hint: Pure water is 0% Acid.)

Paint mixture [ 1 Answers ]

Hi There Guys Does anybody know what colour stainers do I use to mix 20litres white paint To canary yellow. Thanks guys

Mixture problems [ 3 Answers ]

Hi alll- I have two homework problems that I need help with: 1. How many liters of pure water should be evaporated from 7.5 liters of a 15% acid solution so that the solution that remains is a 20% acid solutions. 2. The number N of guests that arrive at a mall food court each hour can be...

[HELP]gr11 chemistry - predicting chemical reactions and balancing chemical equations [ 5 Answers ]

hey can nebody help me with my chemistry hmwk? i dun really get it... :confused: thanks! For each of the following reactions, determine what the products of each reaction will be. When you have predicted the products, balance the equation and use a table of solubility products to...

View more questions Search