Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skyrocket Away Posts: 173, Reputation: 6

Apr 9, 2011, 03:32 PM
    How can I make my curly hair softer and shinier?
    I'm a 20 year old girl with really curly hair. Lately, it's getting more and more brittle and less soft. I don't use any blow dryers, hair straighteners or any products in my hair. I use Maine and tail shampoo and conditioner and it helped for a week or so. But nothing seems to be helping. I used to use Dove but then it started making my hair sticky and not very nice. Any idea's on how to make my hair softer and shinier? I love my curls and want them to be beautiful ):
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2011, 04:21 PM

You used HORSE shampoo on your hair?

I'd suggest you use shampoo that is designed for curly hair. And a trick a hairdresser told me was to towel dry your hair after you wash it, then apply your conditioner to your wet hair (about a quarter the amount you usually use), finger it through, and leave it on. Don't rinse it out.

You might also think about a serum for curly hair. There are some very good ones out there.
    2313stephen Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Apr 12, 2011, 07:20 AM
    I have curly hair and find using a leave in conditioner over night once a week keeps it really soft and shiny. Also use a serum after conditioning to lock in moisture. I find frizz ease products the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My curly hair was straightened by hair color being left in too long... HELP! Please... [ 3 Answers ]

I hope this doesn't sound too far out. But, it is truly what happened in my case. I have pretty long curly hair, it goes down to the middle of my back. I have been home coloring my hair for approximately 10 years. I have not had much problem with damaged hair. I get my hair trimmed pretty...

Is there anything I could use to make my hair less curly? [ 4 Answers ]

I have really really curly hair like ringlets and I still want it to be curly but just not as curly. Does anyone know something I can use to make it less curly or anything I can do?

Curly hair [ 0 Answers ]

I hope this doesn't sound too far out. But, it is truly what happened in my case. I have pretty long curly hair, it goes down to the middle of my back. I have been home coloring my hair for approximately 10 years. I have not had much problem with damaged hair. I get my hair trimmed pretty...

Curly Hair! [ 2 Answers ]

I have naturally curly hair and I hate it! Is there anyway or some kind of shampoo and conditioners that help to straighten naturally curly hair?

View more questions Search