Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freddieshingler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2011, 07:11 AM
    How much per sq to tear off one layer shingles and one layer wood shakes
    I'm wondering if I low balled a job its 12 sq 2 layer one layer shingles the second layer wood shakes ,replace 4 rafters,redeck,and shingle it I charged 1700.00 labor only
    willkelley1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jun 3, 2011, 03:26 PM
    probably about right... I'd say most people would tear off and relay the roof for $100/sq. = $1200.. then you add $500 for a little framing and your in the ball park.. of course some guys would have nailed the homeowner for $2500 for the framing because they can, but I think you were fair
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 3, 2011, 09:23 PM

Are you a licensed contractor with liability insurance and workers comp insurance.

Or a unlicensed "handy man" who will show up in a pickup with no insurance.

It makes a difference, locally I get someone to take off two layer of shingles for about 35 dollars a square and about 30 to 35 to replace with new ( depending on pitch) Never had anone take off shake for me.
    But it does sound about right for a one man operation,

If this was a larger roofing company, it would be a higher bid

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I layer my own hair? [ 5 Answers ]

I have dead straight hair. It looks really boring, I wanted to know if it is possible to layer my own hair. Do I have to go to a hair salon to get it layered? If I can do it myself, how do I layer my hair?:confused:

Should I layer my hair? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm thinking about having my hair layered, because I like it curled, and having layers in it would make it easier to curl and enhance the curls (according to my hairdresser). My hair is long and blonde, and dead straight and currently unstyled. I like my hair the way it is but like it curled too…...

Create vlan - layer 3 and layer 2 [ 6 Answers ]

This is what I have Firewall (ISA) connected to GSM 7312(layer 3 switch) On GSM 7312(layer 3 switch): Port1 – 192.168.50.1 connected to firewall Port 2 – 192.168.60.1 connected to a 5 port Linksys switch Port 3 – 192.168.59.1 connected to a 5 port Linksys switch Port 4 – 192.168.0.1...

View more questions Search