Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Silvybeat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2011, 08:00 PM
    Can I convert my electric dryer Samsung model DV409SEL/XAC to gas
    Can I convert my electric dryer Samsung model DV409SEL/XAC to gas . How much will be ?
    Thank you
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2011, 09:38 PM
    I doubt you can do this. I have never seen this done. Driers are cheap, usually. I would find one that someone discarded due to dirt and clean it out and check safeties for replacement. I used to never buy a drier; I would look for one someone put by the side of the road and just clean it out and have a new drier for free. DrTom4444
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 9, 2011, 03:34 AM
    Your cheapest solution is to list the one you have for sale in your local paper and craigslist, and buy the new one.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2011, 04:46 AM
    How to Convert to a Natural Gas Dryer | eHow.com

Unfortunately, it wouldn't be cost effective to do so.

Discarded dryers are really a dime a dozen on the net, to get one from,say, Craigslist,and making sure it not only works(from the seller) and is clean enough for use(or buying it 'as is'), then doing the cleaning yourself to save money would be the better route.

KBC
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2011, 06:24 AM

If you see a washer and dryer at the side of the road, 50% chance the dryer is good. Sometimes people with extra money, when 1 goes, they replace both?
    That's cheapest, I believe the conversion may be most expensive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I convert a whirlpool clothes dryer from LP gas to natural gas [ 4 Answers ]

Hi we had our whirlpool our gas dryer converted to an LP gas dryer and now need to convert it back... How do we do this?

Convert from gas to electric [ 1 Answers ]

Howdo u convert a gasfrnace to an electric one:)

Costs to convert gas to electric [ 5 Answers ]

If electric heat turns out to be a better more cost effective option, how much would it cost roughly to convert Gas (water heater) system to Electric. Could you do this if easily if the tank was replaced with a tankless unit, and what type of cost am I looking at, to conver overall from gas to...

Convert from gas heat to all electric [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, we are retiring and considering a move to a smaller community. Many of the homes there have gas heat and the cost of natural gas is outrageous to say the least. One house is about 8 years old. How do I go about changing to a heat pump? Wouuls I need to dhave all new or can I use the existing...

View more questions Search