Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skye1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2011, 10:36 AM
    Can I demand to have my name on my daughters birth certificate when she is born
    My ex girlfriend is pregnant with my child can I demand that I have my name put on the birth certificate as I am worried over parental rights
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2011, 10:44 AM

No. You have absolutely no right to be a part of the birthing or naming process. You should, however, plan to be in court the day she is born to establish those rights.

The child's name has nothing to do with rights, incidentally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goa born birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am staying in bombay my dad was born in goa in concanno I need his birth certificate so that I can claim his property which he have left in goa is it possible

Can I add my daughters father to her birth certificate? Please help! [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is 6 years old and when she was born me and her father were not together and being young and stupid I didn't put his name on her birth certificate, now me and her father have got back together and been married for a year is there anyway that I can now put his name on her birth...

Addition of husband on daughters birth certificate. [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I had been living apart for 3 years. Despite this we slept together and I fell pregnant. My son is 2 months old. He knows he is his, but I didn't put his name on the certificate- I left it blank (he never wanted the baby). We are now reconsiled and I want him on it- and want to amend...

View more questions Search