Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mongo568 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 01:21 PM
    To keep or remove old insulation:
    I am in the planning stages of finishing an attic to make the space liveable. Presently the ceiling above our top floor has the blown-in cellulose insulation type - about 12" at least. My question is do I remove this type of insulation prior to putting in my new sub floor and just put in batting insulation between the roof studs. We plan to only use electric baseboard heaters in this attic room and a couple large exhaust fans during the summer months. The blown-in insulation is a mess to work with and I would rather just leave it alone but not if I will lose heat in the rooms below the attic. Tom
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Jan 24, 2007, 08:48 AM
    No harm in leaving it. It will act as a sound deadener between floors...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Add/Remove Programs doesn't have REMOVE option [ 4 Answers ]

In Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs on Windows XP Home, some of the programs do not have the REMOVE button below them. WHY not? How do I remove programs from the Add or Remove Function, when it displays the program, but when I highlight it, it doesn't give the option to REMOVE it?

Basement insulation [ 3 Answers ]

Should I insulate my basement before drywall or not. How much difference does it really make.

Insulation [ 1 Answers ]

I live in the state of Massachusetts,so it very cold here.when I take the old window out and the weight of the window what type of insulation should I put in the gap inside. Thanks

Insulation [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering what the pros and cons are to putting insulation on the ceiling of a basement. The reason for my asking is someone has told me that it isn't wise because cold air doesn't rise anyways(I already knew that) and you would cut any heat off coming from the boiler and water heater that...

What kind of insulation? [ 9 Answers ]

Have insulation in walls and attic that is contained in a package that easily punctures and when opened reveals a brown kind of sawdust? Anyone know what this is? I think it is useless for the walls as it settles making it useful for only the lower 1-3 feet of walls. House was built in the 60's.

View more questions Search