Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donacarl100 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2011, 06:45 PM
    Unable to connect and update virus and spyware definitions
    Using the newest version of System Mechanic Pro, the updates stopped as of Feb 22, 2011 on my friends computer. No other problems and scan did not detect any viruses. If this is only the third computer I have put this on what is up?? The title show the exact wording of the security error.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 7, 2011, 11:11 PM
    You may need to add an exception to your firewall to allow for connection to the update servers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to update AVG antivirus Update to computer,which is not connect with internet [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Computer (No.A) is connected with internet. So I can get the update automatically. But, Computer (No.B, and No.C ) is not connect with internet. But we use the flash Drive and 3 1/2 Floppy disk. Without antivirus software, No.B & C can get the virus. Already having the antivirus software...

Is It a Virus or Spyware? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Compaq computer which is almost 2 years old... anyways it keeps freezing, I get pop-ups when I'm online and it is really slow. I called several local computer repair companys and they say it is probably a virus or spyware. But they want to charge 95$ or more to fix it. Can anyone tell me...

Virus/spyware infection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys, my PC was recently infected with a virus. Now I am a regular user of Crap Cleaner and Ad-Aware (I use both at least twice weekly), but my anti-virus protection was lacking. Anyway I used Norton 2006 to try and rid my PC of the virus but found it largely ineffective. I'm now using Zone...

Possible virus/spyware issue [ 8 Answers ]

I just can't seem to keep our PC's clean! This one appears to be my fault for a change. I downloaded 3DMark2001 SE tonight, and when I installed it, it wouldn't work. Then I decided to run Norton AV and it crashes every time when it hits my download file on my desktop about halfway through. ...

Best spyware and Virus Protection [ 7 Answers ]

I just had to format my hdrive because my virus protection did not catch the viruses. I'm using V-Com that has ghost surf and the built in firewall. I was reading some of the previous posts and some of you sugguested running two virus programs at the same time. Would there be any conflicts doing...

View more questions Search