Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jyesicamashburn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2011, 05:48 AM
    How can I make my husbands friend leave from my home?
    My husband has a certain friend over every day when I come home from work, and that was fine with me until his friend started to bring different people with him that neither my husband or I know when he comes. My husband and I have asked him not to bring any one with him when he comes over, but he does not listen. So yesterday when I got home from work I told him and his friend that they had five minutes to leave my house and my husband got all defensive and said that they didn't have to leave, so I told them that they had a choice to either leave willingly or I would have them removed by a police officer. That time they left. My husband had informed me that they would just be back when I returned from work the next day. What can I do about this situation? I am head of household on my lease, my husband is on probation for family violence and does not work or pay any of the bills. I have a 3 year old son so how can I make this STOP?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2011, 05:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jyesicamashburn View Post
    how can I make this STOP??
    Hello j:

Have you thought of divorce?

excon
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Apr 7, 2011, 06:32 AM
    You have more problems than just who your husband hangs out with.

He has a conviction for family violence, he's unemployed, and from the little you wrote, not exactly putting his family first.

Your husband's friend, also brings his friends to your home, that neither you or your husband know. Just a gut reaction here, and it sounds like there might be more going on with these get togethers than just sitting over coffee watching a ballgame on TV.

Has there ever been reason to suspect drug use with your husband?

One thing is for sure, you can't trust him, and you can't trust his friends. He needs to get his act together, and if it were me, there would be some expectations with some pretty serious consequences if he doesn't clean up his act.

If he cannot respect a mutually agreeable set of expectations, it might be time to consider a more permanent solution.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Apr 7, 2011, 07:18 AM

You have certainly made yourself clear about how you feel.

Your husbands position seems tenuous under the circumstances you describe, is he aware of the seriousness of all this?

Sounds like he may be smoking pot and getting the senses dulled and diminished as can happen when you sit and smoke pot all day because you don't work .

Make some rules you can live with,
    Then see if he can live with you and the rules,
    Or alone if he can't.

He should be man enough to be contributing to the relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feed up with my husbands friend I want her to get out of my husbands life. [ 9 Answers ]

My husband has go a friend, they have been friends for quit a long time. I am sick of her, you want to konow why? She used to email him email with some strong words, e.g. Hi sweetheart am missing you so much but I can't call you, please at least text me heavly love Lety. How are dear? You are so...

Can a wife make her husband leave the home they share? [ 3 Answers ]

MY father is mentally ill and non-compliant with his medications. He suffers from severe depression and has attempted suiside previously. My mother wants my father to seek help for himself or leave for good. Can she have him committed and if so how? Can she legally make him leave the home that they...

Should I just let my friend make his mistake and leave him alone? [ 7 Answers ]

I have this guy friend that's a few years older than me. He recently just got back with his girlfriend who had cheated on him. This girl has done nothing while they were together but cause him misery and treat him like dirt. Me and his other friends are trying to tell him he's making a huge mistake...

How to make my exboy friend leave my home. I live in Tennessee [ 2 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend and I lived together for 4 years. He has never paid rent but has paid half of the bills. I know longer want him in my house. I have asked him to leave but he just laughs. The house and land belong to me. I want him out now. He also raises fighting roosters and I want them off my...

View more questions Search