Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mycurses Posts: 57, Reputation: 3

Apr 6, 2011, 05:06 PM
    Song- Jesus Christ Superstar?
    I used to listen to this song and I believe strongly that it is called "Jesus Christ Supestar" And I really like it but I haven't listened to it in a while. So I forgot who is was by. I think it is something like "Starship" or something. I have tried looking on Google, Youtube, BtJunkie, and Playlist.com but all I can find is results for a musical. It is really frustrating and I threw a fit before deciding to come here but now I have and I really hope you can help.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2011, 06:03 PM

Have you tried to Google Jesus Christ Superstar song lyrics?

Since that's been around since 1973 and has been on broadway and remade several times. Its very well known.

Its NOT hard to find.. took me all of 10 seconds. This is ONE of many results.

JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR Lyrics
    Neelie Posts: 512, Reputation: 39

Apr 7, 2011, 12:17 AM
    As Smoothy advises it's from the Andrew LLoyd Webber Musical, check this out on Youtube, the chorus starts around 1.35 min :)

http://youtu.be/IvVr2uks0C8

Apr 7, 2011, 05:11 AM
    I TOLD you it wasn't from the musical. Did you read my whole post?? The song is kind of rockish. Almost alternative I guess. But it isn't from a MUSICAL. I know the song from the musical and I watched the musical yesterday. It is NOT the song I'm looking for. And smoothey, I don't think you read the whole post, try again. I already checked on Google and it isn't the musical that I am looking for. IT IS A SONG BY SOMEONE CALLED STARSHIP I THINK. I don't really know who it is by. I want to know, that is my question. And again, it is kind of rock/alternative.
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2011, 05:19 AM

Well since YOU know so much about it try to Google it up yourself. You get more than one page to look down through, the lesser known stuff will be much further down the list in pages. THe most popular is on page one. If it exists or has existed the odds are it will be picked up by Google. But you are going to have to remember more than you have to find it.

But I suspect your memory is faulty and there is nothing to "remember". Its happens to everyone all the time. Particularly when that memory is vague on a topic.

I'm reasonibly familiar with the works of Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship... AND Starship. All of which are related to each other. Like sharing the lead singer Grace slick and certain other band members.

And they didn't do anything like you are claiming that I have ever seen. And I have most of their music in my collection.

Other related stuff...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_C...disambiguation)

Apr 7, 2011, 05:32 AM
    Thanks but I do remember the song and how it goes. It used to be on my I-Pod but it got wiped out. And I know it is called that because when I searched it up on Playlist.com there were two things with little snippits of it but the song changed. And as for you knowing Starship I know it might not be that I just remember it being something LIKE that. And as for Google, ah Google, sometimes I love it but not when all it does is spit out the musical of the song I am looking for. All that came up were links after links of the musical, the song couldn't get in if it wanted to. Anyway thanks but I think I will wait for someone to come along who knows what song I am talking about.
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2011, 05:42 AM

Google is only as good as the information you can input into it.

The more unique specifics and keywords the more specific the results will be.

In the technology realm we have a phrase for that.

Garbage in, garbage out.

Meaning the quality of what you get out out of a computer is directly dependent on the quality of what you put into it.

The more words you can remember the more likely you might find it... and as is clear... "something like" isn't very useful in doing a search.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Apr 7, 2011, 09:56 AM

Did you try 'Jesus Christ Superstar cover songs' in Google? - I just did that and found quite a few bands that have done cover songs from that rock opera (I've always thought of it like that - a rock opera - not a musical) like Queensryche, for example. There was one Google listing specifically for MP3 downloads of Jesus Christ Superstar cover songs - you could try there. (Also - do you have any idea which actual song you're looking for? - I don't remember if there is a song [I]called[I] Jesus Christ Superstar. I always thought that was the name of the collaboration, the opera - I could be wrong here, just trying to clarify what you're looking for.. )
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Apr 7, 2011, 10:15 AM

Do you remember any of the lyrics? That might be a good launching point.

Like aliseaodo said, Andrew Lloyd Weber's version is from a rock opera, so it could easily be covered to sound more alternative-and many, many bands cover his songs.

Apr 7, 2011, 01:00 PM
    Thanks so much guys! I'm sorry about the lack of grammar in this but I broke my finger today. As for the rest of the info, that's an amazing idea!

Apr 7, 2011, 01:17 PM
    If it helps to find the song here are instructions to find a little snip of it:

Go to www.playlist.com

(I'm not sure if you have to or not but) Make an account

Type in the search bar "Jesus Christ Superstar"

Go to page four

It should be the top one but if not it is the one that is 4 seconds long.

That is a snip of the song I am looking for.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2011, 02:49 AM
    Here is a snapshot of screen, page 4, top song, 4 seconds, it is the prelude to the Andrew Loyd Webber "Jesus Christ Superstar".

Perhaps if you watch the DVD movie version of this play, you can determine if this is the song, or if any of the songs in this play, are what your looking for.

Absolutely no religious fanatic here, but this is an excellent movie.
    Attached Images

Apr 8, 2011, 10:55 AM
    The top song is the one I am looking for. My finger is all doctored up so I can type again!
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2011, 12:41 PM
    The top song is the one from the play, "Jesus Christ Superstar". The few bars you hear in the 4 second may only be from the movie version, I never saw or heard any actual music from the play.

As I suggested, find a copy of the movie, the movie is visually stunning, well made, and of course, the music is outstanding, here is the free trailer:

Amazon.com: Jesus Christ Superstar (1973): Ted Neeley, Carl Anderson, Yvonne Elliman, Barry Dennen: Instant Video

Apr 8, 2011, 01:24 PM
    Well I found the original song or what I think is the original song. It is BY someone called Jesus Christ Superstar and they did a song called Superstar. If you could listen to it and see if you have heard a song like that and let me know?
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Apr 8, 2011, 01:33 PM

YouTube - Jesus Christ Superstar - Superstar

Check out about 45 second into this video and see if this what you're looking for.

This song is called "Superstar" from "Jesus Christ Superstar"
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2011, 04:39 PM
    It occurred to me that there may be a song list for each section of music in the movie.

Looks like southamerica nailed it. I can't find a group Jesus Christ Superstar, other than the troupe that did the play and movie, is all I can think of.

Jesus Christ Superstar Soundtrack, Jesus Christ Superstar Lyrics >>

Lyrics HEAVEN ON THEIR MINDS
    Lyrics WHAT'S THE BUZZ
    Lyrics STRANGE THING MYSTIFYING
    Lyrics THEN WE ARE DECIDED
    Lyrics EVERYTHING'S All right
    Lyrics THIS JESUS MUST DIE
    Lyrics HOSANNA
    Lyrics SIMON ZEALOTES
    Lyrics POOR JERUSALEM
    Lyrics PILATE'S DREAM
    Lyrics THE TEMPLE
    Lyrics DON'T KNOW HOW TO LOVE HIM
    Lyrics DAMNED FOR ALL TIME/BLOOD MONEY
    Lyrics THE LAST SUPPER
    Lyrics GETHSEMANE (I ONLY WANT TO SAY)
    Lyrics THE ARREST
    Lyrics PETER'S DENIAL
    Lyrics PILATE AND CHRIST
    Lyrics KING HEROD'S SONG
    Lyrics COULD WE START AGAIN, PLEASE?
    Lyrics JUDAS' DEATH
    Lyrics TRIAL BEFORE PILATE
    Lyrics SUPERSTAR
    Lyrics THE CRUCIFIXION
    Neelie Posts: 512, Reputation: 39

Apr 9, 2011, 12:26 AM
    Comment on tkrussell's post
    The link Southamerica posted is the same link I sent to Mycurses on Thursday. He told me in no UNCERTAIN terms that I was wrong and hadn't read his post properly!
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2011, 02:24 AM
    To be honest, I never tried the link you provided. I will let you hash that out with mycurses.

Jul 8, 2011, 11:29 AM
    WELL we watched the full length movie a couple months ago (I just got around to updating you now) and turns out it is from the movie. Sorry for doubting you guys.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The shroud of jesus christ [ 4 Answers ]

If jesus christ was not crusified how come the scientist discovered the holy shroud.. http://www.shroud.org.uk/

Jesus Christ. [ 15 Answers ]

Has anybody here ever thought, what if Jesus actually was with someone. Did actually have children. Had a blood line that was passed down to generations. Would this change your view of Jesus or not? For me personally would not change anything. There is a lot of life of Jesus we do not know...

Who is Jesus Christ? [ 20 Answers ]

First off, I am not Jewish... I am a gentile. I do believe that Jesus Christ is the promised Messiah in the Old Testament, so I wanted to be up front about that. I have had an interest in Jewish culture since the first time I traveled to Israel more than 10 years ago. Since that time, I have...

Jesus Christ Superstar [ 4 Answers ]

I've just seen the 1973 film adaptation of Jesus Christ Superstar, and was wondering how similar to the original Broadway production it is. For example, was the original set in the first century AD, or in modern times like the film? Thanks Captain O

About Jesus Christ [ 8 Answers ]

In which ways is and or was worshipped and what was the impact the death had on his respective religion?

View more questions Search