Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kkellis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2011, 03:44 PM
    Can I write off a vacation if I receive a 1099... I'm a realtor/sub contractor
    Hey, I'm a realtor and I receive a 1099 misc and am considered a sub contractor for my broker, keller williams.

Can I write off one vacation per year if I use it as a time to do my business planning for the year and record my plans in a journal/log? I've heard that people who are incorporated can do this, and although I am not incorporated, I run my business very similarly.

Thanks!
    From a Realtor
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 6, 2011, 07:24 PM
    No.
    Next time, arrange to meet a client in your vacation spot and refer him to an agent there for a commission. Or go to a conference or seminar. The IRS will tell you to plan your year in your living room for the price of pencils and paper.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 6, 2011, 08:19 PM

I doubt the IRS will accept that, arrange vacations around confereces, meetings and other business activities such as meeting with clients, seminars, training and more

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the IRS fine ($) for not 1099 getting a 1099 from a contractor? [ 3 Answers ]

I know a 1099 is needed for anyone paid over $600, but what if, for argument sake, one cannot 1099 the contractor because they refuse or don't have a SS#, etc. What are the penalties for this beside not being able to expense the transaction? What does the IRS do?

1099 for vacation and retroactive wagers? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm new to the block, my screen name is nannyflip ,but you can call me nan, my question is, my husband passed away in 2008, I received his W2, and I also received a 1099 ,for his vacation and retroactive pay, it was paid to me without in full without taxes drawn it ,and when I went to have my taxes...

How do I become a 1099 contractor? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in New Hampshire and have recently been hired as a 1099 contractor for the job of my dreams. I earned money last year, 2007, as a 1099 contractor but would like to make it official so I can put money into Social Security and cover myself legally. How do I become a 1099 contractor in...

Can a 1099 receive Vacation Benefits [ 1 Answers ]

If an employee moves from a W2 to 1099, Are they entitled to cash out on their remaining vacation benefits?

1099 for contractor [ 1 Answers ]

Here is the situation. 1. Company "ABC. Inc", a S corporation has performed service to another company "123, Inc". 2. ABC company send invoice to 123 company for the service. 3. ABC company asked 123 company to issue the check to the individual name of the ABC company's officer, owner. ...

View more questions Search