Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jack123done Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2011, 05:39 PM
    Firefoxe shortcut
    Could someone tell me please why it is that when I drag and drop an icon from the locator bar to my desktop, it shows up as the Firefox logo and not the site logo.
    I use ff 3.6.16
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2011, 05:41 PM
    Its always been that way, same with IE. It doesn't use the favicon, Windows dictates the default icon.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 9, 2011, 03:57 AM
    This is creating a Firefox shortcut to the site in question.
    There is no way around this as this is the EXPECTED behaviour.

You can change the icon once it is on the desktop, but it won't use the sites fav icon, unless you download it onto your own machine.
    jack123done Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2011, 02:31 PM
    Thank you all for the reply,but in my FF toolbar,all saved sites are in their original logo except anywhere else... millions of ad-dons but no solution here? Bring me the ff boss NOW ! YOU are FIRED (as Donald would say) and thanks again for trying to help
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2011, 02:40 PM
    The behavior of Add-ons can be dictated by the Firefox SDK. Once you leave Firefox then Windows dictates the behaviors and there is nothing the Firefox developers can do about that.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 9, 2011, 03:00 PM
    Jack, as my learned friend has pointed, out this has NOTHING to do with firefox's behaviour at all.

So until WINDOWS allows for site favicons to be used for desktop shortcuts there is NOTHING that you can do about it.

Your response clearly shows the complete lack of understanding required in this field and your "rant" confirms that fact.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I display the name of a shortcut to above the shortcut [ 5 Answers ]

I have a program that blocks 95 percent of my screen and I can see the shortcut Icons but I cannot see the names of them. How do I have the name display above the shortcut Icon instead of below it? Please see the attachment of the top section of my desktop

Problem with Shortcut [ 2 Answers ]

I have W/2000. When I boot up I get a message on my desktop with a Yellow triangle. The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'GStartup.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again. I just remove...

Shortcut for Bullets [ 2 Answers ]

What shortcut is used to insert Bullets.

Shortcut using XP, IE7 [ 2 Answers ]

I have IE7, XP and am trying to create a shortcut from a website (my email log-in page). I've created the shortcut but when I open it I get the box that says: Choose the Program you want to use to open it. I highlight Internet Explorer and click the Always Use button at the bottom. Every time...

Shortcut [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know when I inserted the disk the window shows The yellow triangle sign with problem shortcut and said The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'CD Drive.lnk' refers to is unavailable.Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then...

View more questions Search