Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    expaug16 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 10:06 AM
    How should I tell my mom I am 3months pregnant
    Things have not been the same since I went to doctor jan 18 and I found out that I was 3months pregnant. Last year in 2005 or 2006 of December I had a abortion and I regrent it. I was only 17 then and my mother made me she said all different types of things such as I am to young and I do not have this or I do not have that but now I found out I am pregnant and I do not know how to tell her I am in big trouble. Me and my boyfriend which is my baby daddy have been going out since July 4th of 2005 so we been threw hell and back. His name is jerry and mines is ashley and we decided that we are going to do what it takes to raise this baby no matter what . We both want this baby. This is my first time writing a question because I need help people told me all different stuff when I ask my friends and teachers at school . One person told me that I should have support such as my older sisters or maybe if a friend. Another person told me to write her a note explaining that I messed up in the past and explain to her that I am going to do the best for my baby. I am writing here today as of jan 23 2007 to see if I can get some help please?
    tamed Posts: 255, Reputation: 33

Jan 23, 2007, 10:48 AM
    Ashley,
    The thing about being pregnant is that it forces people to grow up, even those who are not ready to and unfortunately being a grown up means facing the consequences of your actions and taking it in stride. This was part of the reasons your mother said you were too young to be wanting a baby or having an abortion or even having unprotected sex. However, you say you and your boyfriend want this baby so the two of you are going to have to sit her down and tell her that you are pregnant. It is the only way to do it. To show your maturity you will need to take your boyfriend along with you and you will also need to explain to her what your plans about this baby are for example, where you plan to live, how your health care, food, clothes etc will be provided for, how you will handle childcare while you either return to work or to study or even both, what your boyfriend will do in the meantime. I say all this because these are things most adults have to handle when they plan to have a child and for you to show your mother that you are an adult now, you will need to prove to her that you can take care of your responsibilities as this is something she will be worried about.
    Good luck in your endeavors.
    potter89 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 06:57 AM
    Be confident to tell your mum cause if you and your boyfriend want this baby you are only going to get bigger and I am sure that she will arther find out from you than someone else.
    You put yourself in this mess get yourself out of it.
    GOOD LUCK!!
    robertsqueen Posts: 376, Reputation: 43

Mar 19, 2007, 07:26 AM
    Well I guess that I should first start by congratulating you. You are going to be a mommy. Bieng a mommy is going to be a big responsibiilty. My mother was less than thrilled that I had a baby while I was in college, but I sat her down and explained to her that I was going to have this baby no matter what. She was mad as a hippo at first, but then she came around and she loved my son. You just have to be up front with her about how you feel, and state that you love her but you're an adult and you are going to have your baby. Good luck.. and take specail care of your body now... cause you are carrying life inside of you. The most amazing feeling in the world.
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Mar 19, 2007, 08:16 AM
    You are going to have to pluck up courage to tell her, she will find out sooner or later and will be more uset that you didn't tell her yourself. Get your boyfriend to be there when you break the news. Tell her you kniow she may be upset now, but you are pregnant and have every intention of having your baby and doing the best you can together and that you need her help and support in this. Explain you have grown up a lot since the abortion and you hope she will be happy for you. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I tell my mom [ 18 Answers ]

OK my mom doesn't know I have sex... and she will die if I tell her I'm pregnant and I can't tell her but I can't go to the docs anyway cause she is always always in the room with me.. and my doctor will tell her.. and when she gets the bill won't it say pregnancy test I really really need help!!...

A pregnant 16 year old by a 14 year old [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 16 year old girl who is prenant by a 14 year old boy. Can she or he get introuble in the state of MO by law. I'am I doing right by Not letting she see him or talk to him... What should I do... They Say they love each other all the time... Love Buddy and Melani :confused

Could I be pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on July 6 of this year. Two days later I got my period. Since then I have been having pregnancy symptoms like nausea, gaining weight, frequent urination, stretchmarks, fuller breasts, and dizziness. This past week I took two pregnancy tests and both came out...

Pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

See I hv done sex unprocted sex with a guy in September mid around 16 or 17 that was my 4 th day of period but we don't hv intercouse will I be pregnant but I had my periods next month that in October will I become pregnant please help

View more questions Search