Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 21, 2011, 10:36 AM

/shrug... the CP spends more afterwards too.

It's more expensive to run two households.

I'm certain the CP didn't spend the WHOLE amounts of rent, food, utilities, clothing, etc, out of their paycheck before the split, either.

So--do you want to split everything the CP has down the middle and that's what the NCP pays? That would be one heck of a lot more than most pay in child support now, frankly.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2011, 10:43 AM

I know a guy that got saddled with over $7,000 a month for three kids... EACH! No way in hell was they spending that much on the kids every month before the split. Not even on ALL of them combined. For EVERYTHING.

Its more about screwing somebody than it is about the kids.

Now of course there are those that won't contribute anything... then you have states that force you to pay for kids that aren't even yours... not a lot of fairness or even reasonableness involved with that.
    Expert

Apr 21, 2011, 10:52 AM

Here's an idea:

How about people only have kids with the people they want to stay married to the rest of their lives?

Then they don't have to worry about it.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2011, 11:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    Here's an idea:

How about people only have kids with the people they want to stay married to the rest of their lives?

then they don't have to worry about it.
    Exactly... or even better... you got kids... you ain't getting divorced until they are legal age... so suck it up and deal with it.

(yeah I know that's oversimplifying it)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 21, 2011, 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Exactly.........or even better....you got kids....you ain't gettin divorced until they are legal age.....so suck it up and deal with it.

(yeah I know thats oversimplifying it)
    It used to be that way. It was divorce by fault. Now in today's times its no-fault divorce. So you don't have to have a reason to get a divorce or destroy lives. You can do it because you "feel" like it.
    Expert

Apr 21, 2011, 12:49 PM

Yeah... that's the issue.

No one is at "fault"---so no one has to take responsibility.

I know sometimes divorce is for the best--but seriously, I'm so sick of people who think they have the right to be HAPPY. Sorry--you don't have that as a right. Just as a goal to pursue.

That, however, means WORK to be happy, and most idiots aren't willing to do the work.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 21, 2011, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    Yeah...that's the issue.

No one is at "fault"---so no one has to take responsibility.

I know sometimes divorce is for the best--but seriously, I'm so sick of people who think they have the right to be HAPPY. Sorry--you don't have that as a right. Just as a goal to pursue.

That, however, means WORK to be happy, and most idiots aren't willing to do the work.
    Sure they are willing to do the work. But often its through anothers assistance. In the old days we called them cheaters. Too many think that the initial bliss of falling in love lasts forever no matter what. It doesn't. The ebb and flow of life has relationships seeing many tides come and go. In today's times the foundation is forgotten completely.

Sure its nice to think that people will be and stay married the rest of their lives. But reality shows us that many done allow for lifes changes. And translate it into something else. Many that had children after long relationships and then end in divorce thought it would last a lifetime.

How long is long enough - how long is stable enough before having children?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

I owe back child support, will child support garnish the whole tax return? [ 3 Answers ]

Will child support garnish the whole tax return?

Michigan I'm owed back child support over 28 years, the case is open. [ 4 Answers ]

Michigan I'm owed back child support for over 28 years how do or where do I go ? Sue for back money it's over 45,000 the case is still open.

Can my sons father get out of child support, or back child support? [ 2 Answers ]

The paternity was established for my son at 6 months of age.. will the father have to pay the past 6 months?

Can a father of a child force child support on a mother that gave up the child willing [ 13 Answers ]

While my wife and I were split up she got pregnant ( while on the birth control implant). I myself am fixed ( we didn't want anymore kids) and we couldn't afford to have more kids if wanted them. We thought about giving the child up for adoption but it turns out the father wants the child. He...

View more questions Search