Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Can you say President Pelosi
    Hello:

Who's going to be the first female president of these United States? Hillary? Nahhh. Nancy!

I predict that Bush and Cheney will be impeached, simultaneously; Bush for the surge that he ain't giving up, and even Republicans don't want, and Cheney because he leaked Valerie Plames name, lied to the Grand Jury and obstructed justice.

excon
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 23, 2007, 10:02 AM
    Please... don't get my hopes up.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Lol President Mimi !

What high crime or misdemeanor will President Bush be committing by deploying these troops as commander in Chief ?

I have to say I have been surprise at the way the Libby trial is shaping up. I did not think his defense would be to thow the white house under the bus . Seems ill-advised if you ask me. What will be his chances of a pardon if he persists ?

I hear you can retrieve your place in AW . A lot less deserving characters are back .
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2007, 01:42 PM
    I'm with you excon, and Bush will do it to himself.

Updated: 11:43 a.m. ET Jan 26, 2007
    WASHINGTON - President Bush, on a collision course with Congress over Iraq, said Friday “I'm the decision-maker” about sending more troops to the war. He challenged skeptical lawmakers not to prematurely condemn his buildup.

“I've picked the plan that I think is most likely to succeed,” Bush said in an Oval Office meeting with senior military advisers.

The president had strong words for lawmakers on both sides of the aisle who are lining up to support resolutions opposing his decision to send 21,500 troops to Iraq. He challenged them to put up their own ideas.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2007, 03:06 PM
    Well, excon, you made my day. Lol. Madame President... ( I can't bring myself to speak either name). Has Condi put her hat in the ring yet? Who else can be drummed up for service?
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Jan 26, 2007, 03:15 PM
    Nancy better beat Hilary (Pipe dream, right?) if a woman gets to be president.

Personally I think Oprah should keep her nose out of Congress, but that is just me.
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2007, 04:54 AM
    Reality check .

Even if a majority in the House of Representatives votes in favor of articles of impeachment it would still take a 2/3 vote in the Senate for conviction and removal.

There very well may be a crisis over the proper role of each branch regarding the future use of force but it is very unlikely that the Democrats could get 67 Senators to agree to convict the President .

The same holds true regarding the Vice President . Consider the fact that a Vice President once served with a murder charge against him ,and contemptuosly sat in on the daily deliberations of the Senate as the President of the Senate.

In the Libby Plame case ,the prosecutor would first have to recommend to Congress that the Vice President should be impeached .He better bring overwhelming evidence that a crime was indeed committed by VP Cheney. The fact that the only charge he has been able to make so far is a lame Martha Stewart like pergury charge indicates that he has been on a long fishing expedition ,courtesy of the US tax payer .
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Hi excon, I only just saw this thread this morning so forgive my late entry.

Impeachment never entered my mind at that time.

During the television coverage of Pelosi being sworn into office, I turned to a friend of mine and said, "Wow, do you realize we are only two gunshots away from having a woman as President?"

I think that is a more realistic view than impeachment.
    tinsign Posts: 275, Reputation: 66

Mar 17, 2007, 05:30 AM
    HEY LOL first off Nancy Reagan did pretty much run this country at one time, so we sort of already have had a female president :D.. must add she did a fair job at it.
    Just noticed this post myself
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2007, 05:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    Please....don't get my hopes up.
    For some reason I found that to be the perfect post. Well done! :)
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2007, 12:32 PM
    Latest on that:

excon you may be right!

Vermont Senate calls for impeachment.

Vt. Senate: Impeach Bush, Cheney - Politics - MSNBC.com
    dgfohio Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 11:11 AM
    <---vomiting.
    army4life Posts: 22, Reputation: 7

Jun 16, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Like I said in another post.. Bush get impeached? Yeaah riight! The only way to get impeached in this country is to get a BJ from another woman in the white house. I guess all the things bush as lied about isn't as harsh as bill clintions sexual relations in the white house huh... " for all you that'll have something to say I know clintion wasnt impeached but they tryed!"
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 02:04 AM
    Actually Clinton was impeached ;he wasn't convicted. They tried him for the wrong reasons but I agree he probably should not have been impeached at all. A more fitting comparison is the punishment Clinton got for his crime of pergury and obstruction of justice was no where's near the severity of the sentence about to be imposed on Scooter Libby .
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2007, 08:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.yet
    “I’m the decision-maker” about sending more troops to the war.
    You know, he's right.
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2007, 08:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.yet
    Latest on that:

excon you may be right!

Vermont Senate calls for impeachment.

Vt. Senate: Impeach Bush, Cheney - Politics - MSNBC.com
    That ranks right up there with the resolutions by the Arcata, CA city council and Democrats Abroad France in significance. None whatsoever.
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2007, 08:50 AM
    I can say it but it sounds kind of like the Fonz trying to say he was wr... wr... wr... wrong. Will she be wearing her hijab at the swearing-in ceremony?

I say no way will Bush or Cheney be impeached. If they had anything of substance it would have already happened... but the witch hunt continues nonetheless.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Jun 18, 2007, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Who's going to be the first female president of these United States? Hillary? Nahhh. Nancy!
    AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!! Make it stop!!

Seriously, I don't think Pelosi has or ever will have the popularity necessary to run for President. And I can't remember the time that a member of the House of Reps was elected President. Nancy Pelosi is not well liked, and she's in the wrong legislative body. Ain't going to happen.

I predict that Bush and Cheney will be impeached, simultaneously; Bush for the surge that he ain't giving up, and even Republicans don't want, and Cheney because he leaked Valerie Plames name, lied to the Grand Jury and obstructed justice.
    Fisrst of all, Bush has the legal authority to do what he has done with the surge. You may not agree with it, but it isn't illegal. And the only basis for an impeachment is ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES. Period.

And Cheney won't be impeached for leaking Valerie Plame's name because he didn't leak Valerie Plame's name or lie about leaker her name. Richard Armitage did. Armitage has admitted it, has given testimony on that fact, and has publicly stated that he was the source of the leak. Robert Novack who wote the article that supposedly outed Valerie Plame corroborated the fact that his source was Armitage. So Cheney can't be impeached for something he didn't do.

Finally, even if Bush or Cheney were actually guilty of anything, an impeachment of either Bush or Cheney would require a supermajority vote, and the Dems don't have the votes necessary for an impeachment of either one.

Is this one of your usual predictions, excon? Or should I worry about you actually being right this time?

Elliot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Female president [ 32 Answers ]

How come we never have a girl for a president?

President [ 10 Answers ]

Is it possible for Bill clinton to become president again?

If you were president [ 9 Answers ]

If you were president what would you do to fix the Untied States problems.

From congress to US President [ 3 Answers ]

Who was the last person to go from US congress to US President? Thanks in advance Fred :confused:

President vs. Congress [ 0 Answers ]

Should the President or Congress lead the country? Why? Is it possible to have both lead at the same time? If yes, how? If no, why not?

View more questions Search