Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmhayc00 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2011, 07:29 PM
    Credit Fraud
    I just received a call from my uncle asking my why I was applying for credit and that they were calling for a reference check. I have not applied for a loan lately! What should I do? I have tried to call the number back that the company gave to them and receive an answering machine and nothing else. I am still awaiting a call from the company.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 4, 2011, 07:44 PM

Contact the police that you have potentially been the victim of identity theft. Get a copy of your credit reports.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Card Fraud [ 1 Answers ]

I recently turned myself in for fraudulent use of a credit card (less than $500). The detective investigating my case told me that since I have no prior run ins with the law, since I turned myself in, and since this was a non-violent crime, he doesn't think I'll get jail time but its up to the...

Fraud on a credit report [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my husband and I are trying to buy a house and when we ran his credit we found out that there was a judgement that was not even his. So there is a little bit of fraud going on when I contact the company that the judgment is with they tell me that they are not the ones who made the mistake and...

Credit fraud [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I recently found out after pulling a free credit report that someone opened 4 credit cards with high balances and attempted to open 5 others all within 3 months. Well, we just found out it is HIS MOTHER that used his information to open and use these accounts by purchasing stuff...

Credit Card fraud [ 8 Answers ]

I paid off a credit card last yr and 3-4 months later the credit card company reopened my account without my consent. I later had to get my credit report pulled to then realize that I was 30 days late for payment. Automatically a red flag went up because I never pay my bills late and guess what,...

Credit fraud? [ 5 Answers ]

My wife recently told me she doesn't want to be married anymore and I can accept that. I also found out she took out a half dozen credit cards in my name and charged up to $25,000.00. Even though we are still married is there any legal action I can take in the state of New Jersey.

View more questions Search