Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    larrymason10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2011, 04:00 PM
    Birthcontrol pill
    I have been off my period for 2 days now. I took my birthcontrol pill today and yesterday on time. Today I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend but he did not ejaculate in side of me. I have been taking birth control for about a year, but was not sure if being on my period (sugar pills) left me at risk. What is my risk of pregnancy?
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2011, 12:14 PM
    This is really a question better suited for your local Planned Parenthood, who can give you a pregnancy test, and advise you about birth control, confidentially and for free. We don't know anything about your body or cycle, and this is really impossible to answer on an online forum.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 12, 2011, 12:20 PM

Birth control is designed to work during your entire cycle (including period). If you are taking your pills correctly, there shouldn't be an issue. Although, kcomissiong is correct you should contact your physician who prescribed the pills to find out all the information. And perhaps take a pregnancy test.
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2011, 12:40 PM

And I would just like to add to the other guys' answers, even if you are taking the pill correctly, it does not protect you 100% from pregnancy and it does not protect you from STD's at all... so there will always be a chance of you becoming pregnant with just using the pill.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 12, 2011, 12:49 PM

Absolutely. And every doctor will tell you to use a backup method.

ALSO be aware that if you are taking antibiotics they counter act BC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it possible to get pregnant while on birthcontrol? [ 5 Answers ]

Im taking birthcontrol, but I missed a few pills the other day. Could I be pregnant? What are the possiblitys? I feel like I am.

Birthcontrol not working right. [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anyway that can interacted brithcontrol? I'm just nervous about the kind I'm taking. And I don't want to become pregnant anytime soon. If I have unprotected sex and I'm taking birthcontrol could I still get pregnant? Is there anyway.

Curious about birthcontrol [ 4 Answers ]

Can birthcontrol kill the fetus and end pregnancy even if the girl has been pregnant for about a month or 2 weeks?

Pregnancy and birthcontrol [ 1 Answers ]

What dose brownish blood mean

View more questions Search