Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dwest013 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2011, 05:02 PM
    I moved my well tank, now the pressure builds up too high and trips the relief valve.
    I moved my well tank to the crawl space. I replumbed everything with no problems. Turned the power on, the pump and lines are hammering. Pressure gauge reads 100 and relief valve trips. What is wrong?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2011, 06:27 PM

Check the little pipe leading to your switch. See if it's clogged with crud. That will cause the switch to respond slowly. If that seems OK, then turn the large center nut down ccw several turns until you get to a 50# or so cutoff. 100# is really high and approached dangerously high.

People sometimes ask why well systems should have PRV's. Your case is an excellent illustration of why.

Apr 3, 2011, 09:39 PM
    The pressure has stabilized around 50psi, but the water pressure lowers after running the water. There is air in the lines even after we ran all the faucets. The pump builds the pressure back up, but still little or no water. We just replaced the pump 3 days ago and decided to move the tank. When we restarted the well, the water won't stay pressurized after a few seconds. Tank pressure is 45psi, pressure gauge at pump reads 45-50. The pressure switch sparks when pump is running. Any other suggestions are welcomed.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2011, 03:32 AM

Describe this "sparking" you referred to. Does it spark the entire time the pump is running, or just when the pump cuts on or off?

Apr 11, 2011, 08:22 AM

The problem has been solved. The tank had to be close to the tank, so we moved the tank/bladder back to original position. Thanks everyone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water pump pressure builds too high and trips the pressure valve [ 1 Answers ]

First I had to replace the breaker for the water pump because the breaker must have went bad because I had no power to the pump. Fixed that and everything worked fine. I had to shutoff the water supply to repair a leak in a pipe. After I repaired the pipe I turned the water back on and got no water...

Cold water pressure relief valve leaking, not the TRP valve [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. Cold water pressure relief valve start to drip water through the drain pipe. I replaced it with a new one but it is also dripping water. I have reduced water pressure in the house to the minimum by turning main water supply valve but it still leaking. Thanks for your help.

Water pump pressure builds too high and won't cut off [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had to turn the water off to my house to replace the hot water heater. After we replaced the hot water heater, we went to turn the water back on but the pump had lost all of it's pressure. I was able to re-prime the pump and get water flowing to the house again. Problem solved, right?!...

Leaking pressure relief valve on h/w tank [ 4 Answers ]

The pressure relief valve keeps leaking. The h/w tank is about 9 months old. The problem started when the main line broke. The township had to turn my water off and when they fixed it and turned the water back on is when it started. Any help towards a solution is always appreciated. :)

View more questions Search