Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lauren666666 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2011, 11:55 AM
    Does my father love me?
    He never tells me he loves me. Actually he doesn't talk to me at all unless it is to yell at me for doing something wrong. I get good grades am completely independent and everything I do is in an effort to impress him but all he does is yell at me and when I do something wrong he gets really mad and starts saying things like he wishes I was never born. He is at work all the time (thank god) and whenever he is home he pretends like I don't exist. I would do anything for him to say he loves me or to say I did a good job on something but whenever I tell him about my accomplishments he either brings up something I did wrong or ignores me and goes to his office. My mother insists that he loves me- he just doesn't know how to show it but I can't see this. I've never heard my dad laugh and I can't even picture him doing so. He considers me to to be my mothers responsibility. It's extraordinarily hard for me to express my emotions and because of him I don't trust people and it makes me very uncomfortable when people say good things about me or touch me. The only positive thing is I only have three years left of living at home.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2011, 12:00 PM

How old are you? I don't understand - you are completely independent BUT you live with your parents.

If you are troubled by the relationship you should seek counselling so you don't carry your feelings forward in life. Maybe your father can't, for whatever reason, express love in any way other than yelling - sounds odd, I know. That's his problem, not yours. Saying he wishes you were never born is cruel. What does your mother do while this is going on?
    lauren666666 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2011, 12:45 PM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    I'm still in high school so I guess I'm not completely independent but I mean I don't ask for my parents help on homework or problems and don't talk to them all that often I eat the food my fathers money supplies and live in his house and but essentially I do everything else by myself.
    ajwain Posts: 55, Reputation: 11

Apr 17, 2011, 02:17 AM
    Does he behave this way with everyone or only with you? If it is same with ev'one th then his behaviour is only that way.may be he's stressed out or has some office prob in his mind.. I think you are telling only a part of d problem.there is definitely something else happened in d past for this kind of attitude towards you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2011, 05:55 AM

Please don't use text speak. It's "the," not "d."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I make the father of my child love me? [ 9 Answers ]

I am currently 25 and a single mother to a 9 month old gorgeous baby boy! Myself and his dad got together for a brief fling (nothing serious) and I got pregnant on our first night of sleeping together! When I first told him about the baby he was shocked and ignored me for few weeks after...

Don't love the father of my child. [ 7 Answers ]

When I was 19 I met a boy who I thought could become a good friend of mine... I remember I really didn't have any romantic feelings for him, whereas with previous people it was always almost love at first sight. Within a short time he had fallen madly in love with me. I still didn't feel much of an...

I'm not sure if I love the father of my unborn child? Help [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not sure if I love the father of my unborn child? What should I do?

Daughter doesn't love her father [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 5 almost six year old daughter. I was separated from her father when she was 7 months old. We didn't see each other for 2 and a half years. When we did get back together again he was very sick, (diabetic), always in bed, depressed, weak. I had moven in with my mother and my daughter...

Son's father says he's not in love with me anymore. [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, let me start from the beginning. In 2005 I started seeing this guy and he was crazy about me. He told me he wanted to get married and have kids with me about 2 months into the relationship. He said one day that he was going to get me pregnant, I told him no because I was only 20 and I wasn't...

View more questions Search