Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikek1964 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2011, 09:24 PM
    Manager and supervisor
    I was scheduled for surgery on this particular day, when I received a personal phone call from a co-worker to call the office where I work because my supervisor and manager were upset and complaining to my co-workers about my surgery, and had no idea as to when I would be returning to work after recovering from my surgery. The fact that they were so upset, and willing to discuss these matters in such a cavalier fashion, showing nothing but the utmost disrespect for my privacy is deeply troubling, and is causing me to suffer from mental anxiety. The way all my co-workers look at me now causes feelings of anxiety, as all the information about my surgery was shared with them, which is a clear violation of my privacy. I have complained about this through the channels available to me, and have not yet received any satisfaction from these complaints. I feel that there is no other option but to seek legal remedy for the troubles I have had to endure as a result of the callous disregard for my privacy.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 2, 2011, 10:34 PM

Ok. So you are going to go out and find a lawyer.

So, what do you want us to tell you?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2011, 10:41 AM

Get your Physician's report on the mental anxiety this has caused you, show how these mean people have harmed you emotionally and take that report to the attorney when you meet.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 3, 2011, 06:27 PM

First you will need to be treated for your mental health issue, to prove you have one.

But while they should not be doing this in public in front of the other employees, it may not in and of itself be illegal do to so.

Next what employees and in what context did they discuss this. And is the surgery something to be ashamed of ? Where you hiding your medical condition , like cancer or something from others ?

But I am sorry but it seems a little over reaction to me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my supervisor divulge personal medical information to her supervisor and HR? [ 5 Answers ]

HIPPA Law in CO as it relates to substance abuse I took a two week absences from work to detox my body from alcohol and seek counseling from a CD Counselor. I work as a dental assistant at a prestigious university . I shared this information with my direct supervisor (the dentist) and asked...

Harassed by my supervisor [ 5 Answers ]

I have been constantly harassed by my office manager. She has basically singled me out to pick on. She tells me I can have no break, she tells me to stay in my hole, to the point where she has threatened me over and over to fire me for no reason. I have been there 8 years and do my job well. She...

Is my supervisor interested in me [ 26 Answers ]

Hey I just started a new job a few weeks ago and I think my boss is interested in me... he keeps gazing at me in the eyes and asking personal questions,I even noticed him getting flustered while I was training and lauging with another supervisor.. my intuition is telling me yes, but I need some...

Jealousy with his supervisor [ 2 Answers ]

Hi again, My husband and I have been married for 2 months now but we've known each other for quiet a while.. Lately we have had some discussions and our disagreements(which marriage doesnt) but last week though he had mentioned something that really bothered me and still does till this day.. Even...

Music Supervisor [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of courses do you have to take to become a music supervisor? Does anyone know? :confused:

View more questions Search