Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommaL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2011, 07:45 AM
    My son is dependet on drugs. What can I do?
    My son just turned 21, and is out of control. He uses pot, zanex,and who knows what else. His father has kicked him out of his house so he now lives with me. He recently pawned my wii game to buy pills because it was his birthday. He doesn't think he's doing anything wrong.What can I say or do to get through to him tat he's ruining his life and everyone around him who loves him?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2011, 07:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mommaL View Post
    He doesn't think he's doing anything wrong. What can I say or do?
    Hello momma:

If he doesn't think he's doing anything wrong, you need to get his attention. I'd evict him.

This is something he needs to work out. You can't MAKE him.

excon
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2011, 09:45 AM
    By allowing him to continue this behavior you are enabling his addiction to progress.What is the next thing(s) to be sold or stolen?The TV,the wallet out of your purse?Your vacation money?

It's time for junior to get out on his own,no bailing him out of jail,no coddling him through tough situations, in simple terms,tough love!

If he reaches out for help,actually asks for help in getting off the actions he is doing now,then you can help,but NEVER financially.

Drive him to treatment,get treatment for yourself(Alanon is your source for help),Driving him to meetings for support,but NEVER EVER give an addict money(All recovering addicts know what money leads to,use!)

No,you and your ex are not defective nor neglecting your child,he has chosen a path you do not agree with,you are no longer responsible for his actions,he MUST be accountable for these actions on his own.

You can fret,worry,have sleepless nights,regret that maybe you did something wrong,etc.. that s your side of the street, his side needs to stay there,on his side.

With your side,seeking others who have been there and seen the actions and coping skills that winners use is invaluable,I really do suggest alanon for this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2011, 12:48 PM

Kick him out of your house and let him hit bottom till he wants to change,

He will keep stealing and sellilng your stuff, wait till the police raid your home one evening and have you laying on the floor with your hands behind your back

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My son caught my Husband cheating and they got into a fight and my son hurt him bad ! [ 12 Answers ]

Let me start with I have been married 20 years ben together 23 years.Christmas night last year we had a bad bad snow storm I work about 1 hour away,We were suppose to all meet at my sister inlaws for Christmas night but my husband went to a friends close to home because of the storm my son was only...

Uk visa bank statement for dependet visa [ 0 Answers ]

I want to know how much money is requried to be in my account if I will apply for dependet visa

Can I get custody of son if father leaves state and son stays here [ 20 Answers ]

My ex has residential custody of my 8 yeair old son. He is leaving to Texas in a few days. Ex put in a relocation and I am doing a objection. My ex is leaving my son here while he goes ahead and moves to see what the court decides. When ex leaves can I go to the courts and files a temp custody ?

Help me deal with son on drugs and hubby on morpheine pills [ 4 Answers ]

I have been married for 31 yrs... the last 10 have been pure hell... my husband has been diagnosed with chronic pain in his cerbical vertebrae.. and has been on every toxic.. pain pill and patch known... he's had every test... procedure and consultation. For the last 10 yrs my youngest child (my...

First Year Choice for dependet child [ 3 Answers ]

I am J1 scholar who entered US in 2006. My husband is with J2 visa who entered US in 2006. My son is with J2 who entered US in 2007. All of us stayed in US for the whole year of 2008. My husband and I will file jointly using form 1040. My question is whether I can make first year...

View more questions Search