Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babanino Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2011, 08:36 PM
    Shoplifting
    Hello,
    I am 18 and today I got caught shoplifiting in a Simons in Montreal, Canada. I stole about 120$ worth of clothes and I am ashamed of what I have done. The security gards took me to their office and made me sign papers explaining that I had to pay a fine to the store and that I would receive it in one month. The police officers came and searched me. They gave me a paper stating the date of my court appearance as well as the day I had to get fingerprinted. I don't know what to expect or what to do on the day I have to go to court. Should I get an attorney? I am a good student, I have never been arrested in my life, can I be discharged or acquitted because I really don't want to have this on my record. I plan on working in the future and if I have a criminal record, I might never find a job.. Please help, thank you!

Check out some similar questions!

Asking about shoplifting [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Last month I caught for shoplifting in simons in montreal the security of the mall called the police and I got finger printe and I have a court date on August 20 and I haven`t got any lawer so what should I do and also I have problem with my launguge because I don't speak french and my...

Shoplifting [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter just got shoplifting and had 299.00 worth of stuff what can she expect to happen to her?

Shoplifting [ 1 Answers ]

My sister had been caught shoplifting. The detective asked her to sign the forms and the police has been called. She was first time and they do not lay charges on her. But there is a file number record (police records) What does this mean and after a specified period can the police record be...

Shoplifting, 18 y/o [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I am an 18 year old and I am a perminant resident here in the united states. I live in New York. Couple of days ago, I was caught stealing $39 dollars worth of clothing from Macys, and they called the police on me. I paied the fine I was supposed to pay to MAcys, and I was taken into the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.