Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123789f Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2013, 12:22 AM
    Over the past several months I have heard humming especially at night. Sometimes I think it is the beginning of a thunder roll but then realize that it is too low and continuous. It does not go away. I know that they are doing sewer work in my area but my husband cannot hear anything. It is very irritating.

It does not cause any pain but it sometimes keep me awake trying to figure out where it is coming from.

I am going to see my doctor this week and I am going to have him check my hearing and my sinus. I hope I can get some answers.
    sandshine1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2013, 06:27 AM
    I live in South Ajax... the HUM is driving me crazy. I only hear it in this house. Not at work or anywhere else. It's a HUM that comes and goes at all times throughout the day and night. This week it has almost been constant, more than it has been in the past. There is a recylcing plant or something like that near Harwood & Bayly... could this plant be the cause of this awful HUM?
    fireg529 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2013, 06:19 PM
    I too have experienced a low frequency hum throughout my house. It was driving me nuts. My wife couldn't hear it, only me. I traced it down to my vent stack pipes on my roof. I put a couple of 90 degree elbows on each vent to turn the outlet toward the roof. The low droning hum went away. I'm not saying that this will fix the problem that you are having but, you might give it a try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Humming house [ 2 Answers ]

Our new home that we built started humming after an AC adjustment. It is low ptched and intermittent and drives me crazy. My husband cannot hear it and like rattling autos, it won't hum when someone is here who can hear well. We moved in 10 months ago and this is new. I hear it at night when...

Humming Noise in House [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been searching on Internet for some answers to the new "humming, pulsating sound that has begun to plague my house and cause me countless sleepless nights for the past three to four months. Like some of the other responders, I have turned all the power off to the house to see if that is...

Strange Humming in House [ 2 Answers ]

70stang - I have this same humming sound in my home. I hear it at night when I go to bed but I do not hear in the morning or during the day. I live in a rural location far away from any industrial or mechanical area. I have gone to different rooms and the sound is there. At first I thought it might...

Humming sound in house [ 3 Answers ]

I have reviewed the other questions in regards to the humming sound, but have not been able to apply them to my home situation. I live in a condo with 3 units (side by side), one floor. At about 3:00 am in the morning I hear this "humming" type of sound, and sometimes during the day a "light...

House Humming- Need Advice [ 2 Answers ]

I am having the same problem as others with a low frequency hum. I want to try your remedy with the toilet, but I am very unfamiliar with the different parts. Would you mind explaining it all to me in a way I could understand - someone who has never worked with toilet. Where is the ballcock and the...

View more questions Search