Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 1, 2011, 03:08 PM
    Happy hour... a good dinner
    Cooking, ribs and deep fried chicken wings. My own recipes. Dad is picking up Son in Toronto and they will be back shortly. Son is coming home to help mom open up the garden and clean up the flower beds.

So, mom is having a Dubonnet cocktail at the moment, which is with vodka and lots of ice.

It is about 6 pm in southeastern Ontario at the moment; so it is happy hour before dinner.

Any others enjoying this lovely spring weather and looking forward to sundeck dinners, gardening and such...

tickle
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2011, 11:59 AM

Spring weather? We are into autumn, getting some chilly nights now.

Pass me a vodka and raspberry please.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 3, 2011, 06:46 PM

YES Tick, I am afraid that I have spring fever. I have done some work in the yards, raked old leaves, straightened the statues and fountains, etc. It sems that I have some problems with dead spots in the lawn and some settling that I need to take care of. I take a lot of pride in my landscaping. But most of all I am looking forward to the time when I can go to the garden stores to find new and different things for the patio and the yards. And when all this is finished I'll find time to sit back with a cold long one and a good book.

Already planning a big spring cook out with friends and neighbors (WG, are you listening?)... look out great steaks and burgers!

Stringer
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2011, 11:28 AM

I'm loving it all. I've had all the cushions out for over a week. Thursday we might get rain, but then back in the 70's for quite a while.
    I'm working on building up my bark at the moment and the grass is as green as I have ever seen it.

I've already re-potted most of my pots and added additional Geraniums, it great to just sick back and relax and look.

Unfortunately a Dove decided to lay 2 eggs in a beautiful nest on my work bench, so I can't go near it on chilly nights for fear she will fly away and the babies will get cold.:confused:
    Expert

Apr 6, 2011, 12:01 PM

JD you must be in a considerable warmer climate then I. My tulips are just about an inch out the earth; but surprisingly enough I do have some hostas coming up which is unusual this early in our spring. It is only about l5 here in southeastern Ontario.

Warmer today, so walking to my clients and all the properties here are just so lovely with the snow gone.

Tick
    Expert

Apr 6, 2011, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Spring weather? We are into autumn, getting some chilly nights now.

Pass me a vodka and raspberry please.
    Hey, shazzy, the raspberry taste in vodka must be pretty close to Dubonnet. What exactly do you use ?

Tick
    Expert

Apr 6, 2011, 12:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    YES Tick, I am afraid that I have spring fever. I have done some work in the yards, raked old leaves, straightened the statues and fountains, etc. It sems that I have some problems with dead spots in the lawn and some settling that I need to take care of. I take a lot of pride in my landscaping. But most of all I am looking forward to the time when I can go to the garden stores to find new and different things for the patio and the yards. And when all this is finished I'll find time to sit back with a cold long one and a good book.

Already planning a big spring cook out with friends and neighbors (WG, are you listening?)....look out great steaks and burgers!

Stringer
    My sundeck is my salvation in the nice weather, stringer, but I usually have to rent a pressure washer to clean everything off being this close to the Lake and dampness; siding has to be pressured washed down too.

I put in a lot of tulips last October to supplement what was already there, so my front property will be a riot of colour soon.

Nice to hear from you !

Tick
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Apr 21, 2011, 06:33 AM

My tulips and crocisis are all in bloom, even my lilies are popping up. I was out weeding the garden this morning. It felt great. Raked the yard all up, no snow left at all. And it's supposed to be +18 today. Perfect way to start my 5 day vacation. Sitting on the deck with a cold beer. Oh and guess what? No kiddie tonight! She's having a sleep over with Nanny tonight!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 21, 2011, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    my sundeck is my salvation in the nice weather, stringer, but I usually have to rent a pressure washer to clean everything off being this close to the the Lake and dampness; siding has to be pressured washed down too.

I put in a lot of tulips last october to supplement what was already there, so my front property will be a riot of colour soon.

Nice to hear from you !

tick
    I too added a lot of new/additional tulips and some are budding already. A lot of them have bit the dust so to speak as the rabbits are gorging themselves... damn.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Saying happy new year it is good or bad? [ 1 Answers ]

Asalaamu Alaikum, Saying happy new year it is Haraam or is not?

What is a typical hour by hour schedule for an RN working in a hospital? [ 1 Answers ]

I need a schedule of what RNs do on a daily basis. I know there are many possibilities but a typical day schedule would be great.

Rehearsal dinner gift declined as "not good enough" [ 7 Answers ]

My 30 year old son is marrying his 29 year old live-in girlfriend. They live 1.5 hours from us and 6 hours from her parents. As my oldest son, he was very happy and wanted us to get along well. After two visits to our home, we felt that he was in the hands of a master manipulator. On their...

KPH - keystrokes per hour on 10-key. What is a good speed? [ 4 Answers ]

I've tested several times between 9,000 - 10,000 KPH on 10-key numerical data entry tests. However, I have no idea how good or bad this is? Is there a standard by which a prospective employer would want for a minimum KPH for a data entry job? I have not been able to find anything on the...

View more questions Search