Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlvik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 07:15 PM
    Mobile home for sale
    I have a mobile home for sale that sits on aproximetly a half acre lot I own but I can't seem to sell outright because banks won't give loans because it is a mobile home should I sell it land contract
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 22, 2007, 07:55 PM
    1. It will depend on your state, in many states mobile homes are not real estate, the land it sits on is, but the actual mobile home is personal property and has a title.

So you will be selling the mobile home on its title, and the land on its deed, it is too separate sells. Since normally just the sell of the land would not include a trailer since it is not considered a fixture ( at least in the several states I have dealt with trailers at.

This normally is not the case with modular homes, and of course in some states they don't use titles with trailers.

And if you can't get it financed, then you are either asking too much money for it, or the people trying to buy it do not have good enough credit.

Or of course you need to have them use a mortgage broker, who will know who does mobile home loans.

Mobile homes are like cars, they depreciate very very quickly.

Now of course your real estate contract can include the mobile home, but would do so as an addition to the land sale, but the title of the home would have to be done at the time the deed is also transferred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax rate on sale of home [ 3 Answers ]

If I sell a my home within two years of purchase and can't use the exclusion clause, and if I am in the minimum tax bracket, what will be the capital gains tax rate charge for sale of my home? Thanks

Mobile Home Repossession [ 6 Answers ]

I am wondering how long it takes to foreclose or reposess a mobile home in Michigan after you have been notified you have 30 days to pay the back monies owed. Do they give you a court date? Thank You

Mobile Home reposession [ 11 Answers ]

My husbands parents, own a mobile home. Last year, his mother, was in the hospital for one month, for heart failure and respitory failure. She was also in a coma. His father is on social security and can no longer pay for the mobile home. They are currently 3 months behind of the payments. The...

Mobile Home Foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

My husband purchased a mobile home the year before we were married. A year after we married he was diagnosed with a chronic illness and has been unable to work since then. He receives SSI disability, but it is not much. In recent months he has been hospitalized for a lenghty period. Due to this, he...

Title transfer during sale of manufacture home question? [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my wife sold our home in oct of last year 04 and we just received a tax bill for the property taxes.We have not even lived in the home for a year. I am trying to get a hold of the people that sold our home for us but they have not called us back yet. Does anyone know if the people that...

View more questions Search