Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nyyaankees11213 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2011, 06:42 PM
    My girl just asked me for a break
    My girlfriend and I have been together for about 4 years now. We have been fighting kind of a lot latley no real fun and doing routine things all the time. She tells me she would like a break to figure out what she wants out of our relationship. She doesn't no if she sees us having a future together. She is also saying that she doesn't no if she is into the relationship thing anymore. How could someone just do this after four years together? Another thing to add is that she takes aniexety medicine and I have read that these types of medicines can mess with peoples emotions and sex drive, both have seen better days. Any advice
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2011, 10:55 PM

You give her a break,though I'm inclined to think this is a breakup-all the signs are there.

People's feelings change and sometimes things don't work out.

Make sure you keep yourself busy and do things that make you feel good,so you can start enjoying your own life again.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2011, 06:29 AM

I know it's painful, but there's nothing you can do... seems like her mind is made up.

Some people take breaks and do get back together. It does happen, but not very often.

Accept the "break" and live your life as if you were broken up for good. Heal, then date other girls. Don’t hang out with her and don’t contact her. This is the only way you’ll stay sane throughout “the break.” Treat it as if it were a complete break up. Who knows? Maybe once you see this break for the break up that it really is you’ll find that it is you who doesn’t want her anymore. Either way, this girl has cut you loose; it’s about time you did the same.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 1, 2011, 01:30 PM

Let her go guy, that's all you can do, and don't blame the meds on her feelings changing toward you. Many married couples go through the same thing, they have a change in feelings after a while.

That's just a reality of life, so let her go do whatever.
    nyyaankees11213 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2011, 07:59 AM
    I agree with the responses. I have not contacted her. I wanted to add to my original question. She has told me that she still loves me, two weeks are a long time, etc things of that nature. I believe this was all caused because of me being to attached to her so in this case I almost think that a break is a good thing. I have had a chance to take a step back from everything and really just look at our relationship. I realized a few things about myself that I just don't like such as the clingy thing and pretty much just not having my own life. I got away from who I really am. What do you lads think?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2011, 08:29 AM

Finding yourself again is a really good thing.

Stay no contact and keep moving forward.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 2, 2011, 08:30 AM

You got dumped, accept it, and do for yourself without holding out hope for the relationship. As time goes on you will make changes, and rebuild your life. That's all a part of the healing process, and living in reality.

You are responsible for your own happiness after all. Understandable your thoughts are filled with her, and what has gone on between you, because its only been a few weeks. Making adjustments will just take longer, so don't be impatient, like the rest of us would be, and have been, LOL!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He asked for a Break! [ 8 Answers ]

My life has not been stable since 4 years.ive been in 2 relationships that I ended with a break up! And the guy that I'm dating since 10 months has changed my life completely. I love the most and recently I had to move back to my home town as my contract was ended unexpectedlly... We're...

My girl asked for a break and I want to get her back. Crazy story [ 4 Answers ]

I was talking to this girl for about 5 months. When we meet she just got out of a 2.5 year relationship. I asked her then if she wanted to be single for awhile she said she was fine. Over the past 5 months I have really falling hard for this girl, hands down best girl I have ever dated! About two...

Girl I like's boyfriend just asked for a break and she came to me first. Good or bad? [ 2 Answers ]

My roommate let these two girls stay over in our house after a 21st birthday celebration at the bars. When they came back from the bars they were clearly drunk, but then again I was a little also. Instantly me and (this is the name I've come to call her) b clicked.. we played beer pong in our...

She asked for a break and time to think [ 24 Answers ]

All, I have been dating a wonderful, amazing, beautiful woman for the past 8 months. She is a single mom and it was spectacular. We have an amazing relationship. As our relationship started to develop so did our love for each other and we were constantly saying we made a great team, and we...

View more questions Search