Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kirtrina19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2011, 02:16 PM
    My boyfriend say give him a break??
    Hey, I'm 19 and my boyfriend is 29 we have been together for a year now and he was my first. We love each other so much. We met each other's parents and I know about his 5 year old daughter. He keeps no secrets from me. My boyfriend loves to work a lot he's a videographer so he's always going out of state to do his job and yes we had some trust problems in the past but I'm OK now.I trust him. But sometimes I just wonder because he's a guy and I'm not the only girl in the world. But last week he was suppose to come see me but his car had a problem and I got so mad that I told him that I didn't want to be with him anymore and for him to leave me alone. And this is not the first time I have said that in an argument. So he stopped texting me for about 3 days and I texted him after and he ingnored me. I continued to text him and finally he texted back and said I'm going out of town to work tomorrow and I'm over with this love thing, we are done please stop texting me? I'm so hurt right now. I don't know if he is serious or not. Whenever he's focused on his work he doesn't want anything to do with anybody.. not even me. He won't text or call but if I text he would say he needs to stay focused. I don't want to text him and bother him anymore.. should I give him space?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 31, 2011, 02:18 PM

The fact that he has a daughter already means that he's got lots of baggage. You're only 19. It's nice to go on a few dates with him, but it's not going to be easy to develop a serious relationship together.

If he wants to be left alone, then let him be. I suggest you continue to meet new people and not tie yourself down with him.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 31, 2011, 02:41 PM

Back up the bus!!

First you said,

I trust him. but sometimes I just wonder because he's a guy and i'm not the only girl in the world.

When you say "but" after something, that negates what you have said so far. So, you don't really trust him, right?

Then you went on with,

I told him that i didnt want to be with him anymore and for him to leave me alone.

That's why he hasn't called you and why he doesn't want to be with you. You slammed the door on him (again). He's locked it from the other side. (And why are YOU hurt?)

Like I Wish said, move on and date others -- and stop throwing tantrums.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 3, 2011, 10:11 AM

Leave him alone, you have frustrated him enough with those impulsive temper tantrums. Once was enough but twice is infuriating and three times you're OUT!!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2011, 10:47 AM

You told him you don't want to date him any longer. He believed you.

I think it's as simple as that.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2011, 11:27 AM

I think he's sick and tired of being accused and being bad-mouthed for things he has no control over (work, broken down car, etc). Can't say that I blame him!

This relationship is over and you need to accept it and move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I give myself a break? [ 8 Answers ]

I hold myself to higher standards than everyone else. If it was someone else, I'd tell them it's okay. However, I have a hard time letting myself off the hook. So I started working a month ago. This Wednesday and Thursday were my days off. Wednesday morning I found out our family dog passed...

I don't want to give my boyfriend an std but he wants me to give him oral [ 8 Answers ]

I think I might have caught something from another guy that I had sex with even though we used protection and he said that he had been tested negative and my question is that is I do have something can I give it to my boyfriend from giving him head. I don't have soars in my mouth or anything but I...

Give Me A Break [ 5 Answers ]

I'm a special education teacher at an alternative school. When regular schools deem students to be too violent, too bad, or just much of a problem they are sent to the altrenative school. The problem is that students in special education can only be suspended a certain amount of days (not sure of...

Give me a break [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Civic 1989 wagon. The model that can be either 4wd but mine is the 2wd. I am having break trouble. The car goes through A lot of brake fluid and I can't seem to find a leak. Is there another spot where I should be looking other than the break calipers and drum pistons.

Give me a break! [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: My ex boyfriend lived with me for 1 1/2 years, I found out he was doing drugs and let him go. He owes me $5,000 in rent and $$ for food, tolietries, gas, transportation, yada yada. I was told by a judge that since he lived with me as a boyfriend that I probably would not have...

View more questions Search