Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tryingtodoright Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2011, 11:03 AM
    We have a York Affinity Heat Pump. Purchased June 2006.
    It has a 5 year warranty on parts and 10 year warranty on compressor. We had issues with the unit the first winter with it not keeping the temperature steady. They fixed it. Always a $95 service call fee. Since then 3 circuit boards have been replaced, the thermostat has been replaced and we are still having the same issues. They came back out and recollobrated the thermostat and now charges me another $147 and it is still under warranty. I have paid close to $1,600 in repairs since installing this unit in 2006. When does a consumer say enough is enough. I was told by one technician (not the installing technician)that this unit needed to be replaced, but the installing technician tells me York did not say that. Can anyone offer a suggestion as to what recourse I have. Because I know come this winter, it is going to do the same thing again.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2011, 12:55 PM
    I would write directly to York Customer Service, explain your problem, send them copies of the bills and tell them that this is an unacceptable situation. Don't waste time with the local techs.
    tryingtodoright Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2011, 01:01 PM
    Comment on ma0641's post
    Thank you. I will give this a try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Have a york affinity 8.t furnace flashes 4 code [ 1 Answers ]

Need to find out what is code for #4

York Heat Pump [ 0 Answers ]

My heat pump is cycling every 2 seconds for about an hour first thing in the morning. Why is it doing that? The heat in the house is working fine.

Recently purchased a Gibson AC Unit without a pump. Can a heat pump be installed? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently purchased a gibson AC Unit without a pump. Is it possible to install a heat pump with the unit I purchased.

York heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a older york heat pump that a technician came out to try to repair. He said the board was bad and tried to wire it so that the out side heat pump would run to keep the House cool. Well I found out what had happened to the board (Relay was pulled away from the circuit board from the fan wire...

View more questions Search