Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cleanerlady77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2011, 10:46 PM
    How do I charge fairly for a post construction clean up?
    I have a house and a 4 story hotel to bid on and I do not want to over charge the customer or undercharge myself. It is a final clean of the inside no moving out any debris.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2011, 06:11 AM
    As with any jobs related to bidding,you charge the most you can,this is the facts of business,you make more than even you think you are worth,the less you have to sweat the small stuff.

How much extra effort will you put into a job if you feel like you have underbid the job?

How much extra will you put into this job(s) if you feel like you overbid them?

Never shortchange yourself(self doubt makes for customers taking advantage of the workers/companies bidding the work)

Set the scope of work to be done,allow for any and all possible delays on completion(if this is something you have done,you know the in's and out's of what you are getting into) and bid accordingly.

If you are worth $15/hour and this is going to be a 5 day job/8 hours a day,bid it as such, the worst thing that can happen is you don't get the job, and then you have learned a limit to what you can charge.

What if you do get it at that rate?

The next job you raise the rate,until you have reached a peak limit(where people/companies balk) then you will know what your target pricing will be.

This is how companies grow,income isn't based on what YOU think YOU are worth,it's what the companies hiring you are willing to PAY you for your services.

Donald Trump doesn't bid low for anything, and see where he is?

Don't sell yourself too low,understand that there might be others out there bidding the job,but the proposal written out can be the whole sale(maybe even leave some negotiation room for the customer to discuss with you)
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 31, 2011, 06:21 AM

Do you have any specialty work; Scrubbing VCT, cleaning carpets, windows, etc?

As far as how many hours, walk the job, calculate how much has to be done and approximately how long and how many people to complete it.

$15 to $20 per hour seems good but pricing varies per area and pricing is always your decision.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much should I charge to clean new construction home 1200 sq ft./ final clean [ 7 Answers ]

I'm bidding to clean a new construction home 1200 sq ft for final clean-up. How much do I charge? I did a walk through the house and there is tape on the edges of carpet as well as clear plastic cover which seals the top of carpet to be removed, labels on windows, appliances, bathtubs, and...

How much do you charge for construction clean up [ 2 Answers ]

How do I go about charing to clean a new constrution home aboht 4500 sq ft

I am bidding for a construction clean up have 37,000 sg ft, how much do I charge. [ 7 Answers ]

This will be the final cleaning needs vacuum and moping all and dusting shelves.it's in Florida

I am bidding for a construction clean up have 37,000 sg ft, how much do I charge. [ 1 Answers ]

I am bidding for a construction clean up that have 37,000 sq ft. Need vacuum mopping and lots of dusting. How much do I charge?

How Much Do I Charge on a Post Construction Clean-Up Opportunity? [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking to find out what to charge on a post construction clean-up opportunity. The building intels 8,400 sf of exterior glass, 775 sf of skylight glass at the top of the atrium , and 4,100 sf of interior glass at the 4 sides of the atrium. I am looking for an estamate of what to charge, the...

View more questions Search