Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chloe085 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2011, 04:39 PM
    Which motorbike??
    I am seriously struggling with trying to find the right secondhand motorbike for me. I past my test in July and currently have my 125cc Suzuki Marauder that I love dearly. My next bike needs to be a cruiser with hopefully no spokes, or pillion back rest but I do want a pillion seat and a decent sized tank not the new ones they have on Harley sportsters. Also it needs to be under £4000 oh and preferably without a chain as I just can't seem to get the correct tension because it quickly gets too loose or tight. Hope I am not being to fussy!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2011, 06:54 PM

What kind of riding do you do?
    Is this your only means of transportation?
    Do you plan on driving any distances?
    Strictly On road, and not likely to go on trails.
    I have an 1100 Magna(V4, 16 Valves), it will take you from here to there (trouble and 155 MPH) very quiclky. Eats a little fuel as I installed 130 Main jets as opposed to the 118's, I believe those were the sizes. My bike was newer, and in the specs of the older model before they detuned them showed 130's.
    Are you a Male, female, what's your age, and weight?
    A bike is a good way to save money on Fuel, Work, store, etc.
    Do you want very economical, or is fuel not too much of a problem?
    Oh yeah, how much do you want to invest?
    Sounds like you don't like spokes, so Mags?
    Back rest are great for Distance, and are usually removable, I wouldn't eleminate a certain bike because of a backrest, spokes even.
    Can you tell the town or Location?
    Oh yeah, how much do you want to invest?

Mar 31, 2011, 10:12 AM
    Hi. Thank you for your reply. Well I'm female 25 and weigh 11stone I think and I ride just for leisure but could soon be promoted with work which means I may have to travel an extra 50 miles a week. Ideally I don't want to go to top up until at least 100miles. No off roading for me. I don't want spend more than £4000 second hand. I live in a town and I will ride all weather so long as no ice. I would like a bike that is low maintenance but has a nice sounding engine. How long have you been riding?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2011, 05:55 PM

I think about a 650CC should work well. I have been riding 40 years. Back in '81, I drove a 650 Yamaha Twin From Las Vegas to the Florida Keys, I think it was about 2800 Miles and took 6 Long Days.
    I had a Hamoc, that I would tie to a couple of trees, the a rope above and across the samre 2 trees with a tarp for rain. Worked well. I was in my 20's and South Florida was probably the Murder Capital of the world at the time, and was told it was very dangerous, so I also had My 8 shot Pump Ithica, and a 380 Auto to hold out until I could get out the 8 shot Street Cleaner. Didn't need either, which was nice, and ran into some Very Good People while traveling.
    These are different Times. I wish you the best.
    Drive like Cars are trying to hit you, they may be, and don't stay in a blind spot. Take Care.
    Also, what make Bikes are serviced/have parts near you.
    Is that 4000 Euros?

Apr 1, 2011, 09:46 AM
    Hey. 40yrs of riding! Wow! Sounds like you had an awesome time travelling and thank god you didn't have to use any of your guns. I would love to do that, what an experience and so free. Thanks for the advice. :) 4000 pounds.:) Take care of yourself. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Motorbike tire [ 4 Answers ]

Why motorbike tires have maximum speed limit?

Motorbike 2003 cbr600rr [ 1 Answers ]

I can't turn the key to unlock the front wheel can u help me.

1980's motorbike movie [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys Good luck with this one, its got me stumped! Back in the 1980's there was this movie where this young kid who was watching a dirt bike race & one of the racers bike a (Red & White colour) I think mid race or stops working during the race & the guy cracks it & I think gives it to this...

What is the name of the magic motorbike film? [ 2 Answers ]

PLease please help! When my cousin and I were small we would watch a film about a boy who had or found a magic motorbike. When the boy rode the bike he was really good! But at some point I think the motorbike went bad? The light would dim on the motorbike. That's all I remember, but I have been...

View more questions Search