Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 30, 2011, 04:06 PM
    My breasts HURT!
    Okay, this is driving me absolutely nuts, and I'm hoping to just get some advice.

Just so you know, I'm seeing the doctor Friday, so I'll follow up with her as well, but sometimes it's good to have suggestions before you even go to the doctor, if you know what I mean.

My breasts overall are achy and sore--kind of like someone hit them with a tube sock full of dried peach pits over and over. My nipples feel like someone pinched them for about 4 hours straight and then let go--they throb and it REALLY hurts to touch them. I don't see any obvious chapping or anything---everything just hurts.

It hurts to wear a bra because my nipples rub against it. It hurts NOT to wear a bra because the rest of my breasts hate me after about 30 seconds of no support.

Help! What can I do to alleviate this?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2011, 06:35 PM

Hi Syn,

A few things you can try until you see the doctor:

*try ice packs or frozen veggies (use with a towel not directly on your skin)
    *the maternity bras you use should fit well enough so that they don't rub on the nipple and best not to use underwire bras
    *it can be helpful to get a fitting at a maternity store as properly fitting and supportive bras can make a world of difference
    *some women find doubling up on cotton sports bras provide the support they need
    *you can use a nipple cream to help with the nipple pain as well
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2011, 03:14 AM
    Hi Synnen, I didn't know you were pregnant, congrats!
    I have the same problem! The only thing that relieves my pain is tight fitting bra's and I also found these gel nipple covers in my local pharmacy and I just wear them under my bra.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can your breasts hurt taking metmorfin [ 1 Answers ]

I've had very sore breasts for three days and it's been three days since I started metaformin, could metaformin be the reason to my breasts hurting? It's more so the one breast.

Breasts hurt? [ 23 Answers ]

Hello. I'm a male... and my breasts ( if that is the right name for male parts there) hurt.. Its like a ''pokie bruise'' you know when you poke it,it hurts? Yeah.. that one lol It was my left a couple of weeks ago now its my right.. my left has grown out a little.. I just want to make...

Period only 2 days, but my breasts no longer hurt [ 1 Answers ]

My period was darker than usual, and the bleeding only lasted two days. My breasts usually get sore about a week before and they did but they don't hurt anymore and I have read that almost everyone has very sore breasts during the first part of pregnancy, could I still be pregnant or is it more...

View more questions Search