Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jakekuh Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2011, 02:35 PM
    Want to open .wps from works 4.5 to word 2010
    I have docs on old computer made with MS Works 4.5 that were trasferred to new computer that has MS Word. I would like to open them but cannot. I need to convert .wps to .doc but can this be done with such older version of Works?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 30, 2011, 02:44 PM
    Try using Open Office as this can utilise a whole host of older word processing documents.
    It's a free download from: - The Free and Open Productivity Suite
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 30, 2011, 03:27 PM

Try reinstalling Office using the Custom Install. Make sure you install the Works import filters.

Jan 29, 2012, 04:12 AM
    How to convert wps file document to ms word document?
    I am using windows 7 on a new computer. Documents that I had on old computer were transferred to new one. When I try to open them they are in WPS and open in notepad and are not legible. Can they be converted so that I can use them in my Microsoft Word (starter edition)?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2012, 04:28 AM
    Right-click on one of the documents and select "Open With", then select "Choose default program". Select Microsoft Word from that list and make sure "Always use the selected program..." has a checkmark in it before you click OK.

Jan 30, 2012, 01:21 PM
    WPS conversion to MS word
    I'm having trouble getting a usable editable document that I have on new computer that is in .wps from old computer. I tried converting .wps to .doc with conversion download but the document has bunches of symbols just as in notepad. I tried to "open as" but ms word is not one of the options, just notepad and wordpad. How do I get a normal document?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 30, 2012, 01:23 PM
    >Multiple Threads Merged<

As well as the above have a read of this from microsoft: How to open a Works 6.0, a Works 7.0, a Works 8.0, or a Works 9.0 word processing document in Word

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change WPS to a word file [ 2 Answers ]

How do you change a file that is wps format to a WORD format?

Is there a way to open a wps.doc in MS Word [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way to open a wps.doc in MS Word?

.wps file to word doc or notepad [ 7 Answers ]

Is there a way to convert wps file to word, or notepad, if yes could u please tell me. One of the student have wps file in her e-mail and want to open it up in word/notepad at school because we don't have wps at school. Thanks, Hadi88

Open Works (.wps) Doc with MS Word [ 1 Answers ]

MS is nuts. I can't open a Works Word Processor File (.wps) with Word. Is there a workaround to this? I do know that with Works you can save a .wps file as .doc. Is this the only option? Thanks!

View more questions Search