Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 24, 2011, 04:16 PM

I doubt Camping can refund the money. I'm sure he spent some of it on his campaign. Doubtful that he spent the $100 million he reportedly received, but he did make billboards for all over the world, bought cars for his followers to spread the word... etc. etc.

But, why would he return the money? He's predicted a new date now. And when that one comes, and goes, and the world is still alive and well, and all it's inhabitants going about their daily lives, I'm sure he'll have yet another revelation, and select yet another date. Maybe he'll forget about the bible, and go with the Mayan theory of December 12, 2012 :)

That will give him some time to recuperate.

Hopefully the people sending him money have smartened up and seen the light... so to speak. ;)
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2011, 06:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I doubt Camping can refund the money. I'm sure he spent some of it on his campaign. Doubtful that he spent the $100 million he reportedly received, but he did make billboards for all over the world, bought cars for his followers to spread the word....etc. etc.

But, why would he return the money? He's predicted a new date now. And when that one comes, and goes, and the world is still alive and well, and all it's inhabitants going about their daily lives, I'm sure he'll have yet another revelation, and select yet another date. Maybe he'll forget about the bible, and go with the Mayan theory of December 12, 2012 :)

That will give him some time to recuperate.

Hopefully the people sending him money have smartened up and seen the light...so to speak. ;)
    Scam artists generally don't return the money they scam.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

String theory and M-theory [ 4 Answers ]

What are the basic ideas behind the string theory? What about the M-theory : how advanced is it? Is it the truly unifying theory we all wish to see?

Bohr theory vs modern theory [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone explain the differences between the bohr and the modern atomic theories in the description of the electron Thanks :p

View more questions Search