Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 17, 2011, 03:23 PM

I don't have cats!

What does it say about bunnies, dogs, birds and fish? Actually, they can have the fish. Then I'll finally be rid of them. ;)

Oh crap, was that out loud? :eek:
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 17, 2011, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I don't have cats!

What does it say about bunnies, dogs, birds and fish? Actually, they can have the fish. Then I'll finally be rid of them. ;)

Oh crap, was that out loud? :eek:
    You're going to get raptured?

Apparently, people are selling all their possessions, cashing in pensions, etc. A news commentator mentioned one of the faithful is expecting a baby in early June, but he didn't know what she was planning to do about that. I hope she doesn't do something stupid.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 17, 2011, 03:33 PM

No, I won't get raptured, I'm just wondering if my animals will. After all, they're pure and innocent. Well, maybe not Chewy. He dug a hole in the yard. That's far from innocent. ;)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 17, 2011, 03:38 PM
    No, I won't get raptured, I'm just wondering if my animals will. After all, they're pure and innocent. Well, maybe not Chewy. He dug a hole in the yard. That's far from innocent. ;)
    No, God has has a different plan for the animals. I'm in that plan too.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2011, 06:26 PM
    The final countdown has begun. Ah well maybe not the final countdown
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2011, 07:22 PM
    Reminds me of a Dennis the Menace comic I saw once. Dennis is looking at his dog Ruff and telling Joey, "Dogs don't have to go to church because they're already good."

Works for me!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 18, 2011, 07:51 AM

I still say that I refuse to believe that any just God would make me wait 10 years to get pregnant, then schedule the Rapture before I give birth.

Though the hubby was laughing at me the other day--I'm due 4 days after the Rapture date of 10/21. He says that the birth of our child is probably what's going to cause it all.

So... I can't remember at this point if I'm giving birth to Christ reborn or to the Anti-christ if that's the case. I need more coffee before I can figure that out.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 18, 2011, 07:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    I still say that I refuse to believe that any just God would make me wait 10 years to get pregnant
    That wasn't God's fault.
    I'm due 4 days after the Rapture date of 10/21.
    NO, Synn.The Rapture date is May 21st; the Judgment Day date is October 21st. Keep up!!
    Expert

May 18, 2011, 08:01 AM

See?

I TOLD you I needed more coffee!

(The lack of coffee during this pregnancy is seriously depleting my brain cells. I actually KNEW that--and completely screwed it up in my post. Can I just skip work and go back to bed?)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 18, 2011, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    See?

I TOLD you I needed more coffee!!

(The lack of coffee during this pregnancy is seriously depleting my brain cells. I actually KNEW that--and completely screwed it up in my post. Can I just skip work and go back to bed?)
    Well, we know you (and me and Alty and probably J9) won't get raptured. If on that day you hear *swoosh* and people near you suddenly disappear, we're in trouble. If you don't hear anything, continue dreaming of steaming cups of freshly brewed coffee.
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

May 18, 2011, 08:25 AM

Since I had started this thread, I pretty much don't believe it so much anymore-however, I still can't help those little "what-if" thoughts that flow through my brain as time gets nearer. My oldest daughter is going to a concert that day, I'd hate to scare myself so much as to tell her she can't go because we all need to be together just in case. She is only 13, and totally believes it all to be BS. She's like I don't care if it's the last day mom, at least I'll be happy at the (I think it's Tim McGraw) concert!. I think I'll be somewhat of a nervous wreck that day... At least until midnight hits... Isn't it supposed to happen like around 6:00? Does anyone know if that 6:00 is central/Easter/Western time zone??
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 18, 2011, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Depressed in MO View Post
    Since I had started this thread, I pretty much don't believe it so much anymore-however, I still can't help those little "what-if" thoughts that flow through my brain as time gets nearer.
    It won't happen. No what-ifs. I hope your daughter enjoys the concert!!

I'll look forward to a happy post from you on the 22nd.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 18, 2011, 08:33 AM

Hello D:

The worst part of this LIE is the effect it has on nice people like you.

excon
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 18, 2011, 08:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    The worst part of this LIE is the effect it has on nice people like you.
    You are so right. I heard that Camping followers are selling everything they own and cashing in their investments.

May 18, 2011, 08:36 AM

Thanks guys! I am looking forward to starting the "Ahhhh, we made it! " post on the 22nd :)...

May 18, 2011, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You are so right. I heard that Camping followers are selling everything they own and cashing in their investments.
    Even worse, I hear they are just leaving it all behind, even their families!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 18, 2011, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Depressed in MO View Post
    Thanks guys! I am looking forward to starting the "Ahhhh, we made it! " post on the 22nd :)...
    Good for you! I'll be up early and watching for it!
    Expert

May 18, 2011, 08:42 AM

You know what I think is hilarious?

If God is the one I believe in (since all gods are one god, and all goddesses one goddess--we just call them by different names), it won't matter if I've paid my lip service to the Christian church. I've lived my life as a good human being and have tried to give more love than I get. If loving others and doing what I can to take care of them--emotionally, physically, spiritually--is NOT what gets you into heaven, and instead it is some religious dogma crap--well, I don't want to be there anyway.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 18, 2011, 08:45 AM
    I never got why a loving god needs to be worshipped so much. The ego!
    Expert

May 18, 2011, 08:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    I never got why a loving god needs to be worshipped so much. The ego!
    I really kind of think that Piers Anthony got it right in the Incarnations of Immortality books.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

String theory and M-theory [ 4 Answers ]

What are the basic ideas behind the string theory? What about the M-theory : how advanced is it? Is it the truly unifying theory we all wish to see?

Bohr theory vs modern theory [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone explain the differences between the bohr and the modern atomic theories in the description of the electron Thanks :p

View more questions Search