Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 5, 2011, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Depressed in MO View Post
    The more I re-read through all of my posts, the more I see how paranoid I am.:o
    This is what the fear monger/cultists feed off. They feed off your fear and paranoia to get you to listen to their agenda. Don't fall for it.
    HeadStrongBoy Posts: 351, Reputation: -4

Apr 5, 2011, 08:02 AM
    Comment on southamerica's post
    No problemo, dude. I'm prejudiced in favor of the original King James Version. Though on occasion I have used the German Martin Luther translation. I also semi-regularly I refer to online interlinear Greek and interlinear Hebrew versions. I guess that's about it.
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Apr 5, 2011, 08:04 AM

Gracias
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Apr 5, 2011, 08:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadStrongBoy View Post
    Your comments strike me as those of a human being. I can relate to the feelings of paranoia. Unfortunately one drowning person is not of much help to another drowning person.

Get my drift ?
    No sir I don't. Although speaking metaphorically can be beautiful, I just don't always get it.

I'd say my lesson so far reading comments between you and the others is the fact that I need to read the bible. I've truly never read the entire thing, just parts here and there. It's hard to understand and there are so many different versions of the bible-which one is the right one to go to?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 5, 2011, 08:08 AM

Well, if you can read Greek or Hebrew, finding a Bible in either language would be good.

Lacking those languages, the generally accepted Bible throughout the world is the King James Version.

Apr 5, 2011, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    This is what the fear monger/cultists feed off of. They feed off of your fear and paranoia to get you to listen to their agenda. Don't fall for it.
    I know-one of the worst parts about me-my ability to be so gullible...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 5, 2011, 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Depressed in MO View Post
    I know-one of the worst parts about me-my ability to be so gullible...
    You have been through so much in the past few years, don't fall for this. Please! I'm one of the few here who knows where you came from and how far you have come. Just keep following your path. Don't let this cultist place fear and doubt in your heart.

Apr 5, 2011, 08:14 AM
    Depressed in MO: No sir I don't. Although speaking metaphorically can be beautiful, I just don't always get it.
    I'd say my lesson so far reading comments between you and the others is the fact that I need to read the bible. I've truly never read the entire thing, just parts here and there. It's hard to understand and there are so many different versions of the bible-which one is the right one to go to?
    I apologize. I was trying to be clever. If I may, I'd like to offer some advice along more serious lines.

Your observation is correct that some people on this post have more Bible knowledge than others. But I believe that quantity of knowledge is not the important thing. The Bible indicates that God is more interested in a contrite spirit and a broken heart. That is the other element of the environment in which God is saving people in our day, NOT the churches.

Apr 5, 2011, 08:20 AM
    I apologize. I was trying to be clever. If I may, I'd like to offer some advice along more serious lines.

Your observation is correct that some people on this post have more Bible knowledge than others. But I believe that quantity of knowledge is not the important thing. The Bible indicates that God is more interested in a contrite spirit and a broken heart. That is the other element of the environment in which God is saving people in our day, NOT the churches.
    I wasn't offended-I just didn't quite get what you were saying:cool:.

I like going to church. It feels and seems genuine when I'm listening to the preacher... I understand it better than the holy bible because of the examples that are given...

If this is true what you believe in, or what you are saying, would God look down on me for continuing to go to church? My children love it I'd hate to take it away from them.

You may not be able to answer that, and I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I'm just trying to do the right thing.

Apr 5, 2011, 08:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    You have been through so much in the past few years, don't fall for this. Please! I'm one of the few here who knows where you came from and how far you have come. Just keep following your path. Don't let this cultist place fear and doubt in your heart.
    I know, you do know quite a bit about me. I don't post on here anymore that often, but I have come a very long way and I enjoy communicating with you all.

I was lost for a very long time, and although I'm not completely "found" (so to speak), I'm just not ready to go yet, I feel like I've just started going down the "right" path, I want to continue my journey for as long as I can.

Apr 5, 2011, 08:32 AM
    Depressed: I like going to church. It feels and seems genuine when I'm listening to the preacher... I understand it better than the holy bible because of the examples that are given...
    If this is true what you believe in, or what you are saying, would God look down on me for continuing to go to church? My children love it I'd hate to take it away from them.
    You may not be able to answer that, and I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I'm just trying to do the right thing.
    My advice is that, since May 21, 2011 is only about 6 weeks away don't go to any church at least until then.

Apr 5, 2011, 08:48 AM
    My advice is that, since May 21, 2011 is only about 6 weeks away don't go to any church at least until then.
    :( ugh you're breaking my heart. But I appreciate your advice.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Apr 5, 2011, 08:59 AM
    As I expected. Your reply puzzles me. Sentence 1. Expresses skepticism, and yet you claim to want to see the rules. Why ? You're obviously way too smart to learn anything from a cultist like myself.
    Number 2. was simply an invitation. Nothing more. I feel sorry that it brought out the feelings of contempt that you've expressed.

I ask you again. Do you want to discuss, rationally ? Or do you want to hurl accusations ? The choice is yours.
    1. Can a skeptic not keep an open-mind? Or is a skeptic forever bound by the lack of knowledge he/she has?

2. That is the first thing you got right all week. Contempt... is what I feel. I despise a man who hides behind formulas, excuses and big words to dance around questions being asked of him, all to reassure himself that what he does is right. When the time comes and the Day of Judgement does not come, and you are accused of being a joke, you will point to Mr. Camping as a scapegoat. Why? Because you're a sheep and he's the shepard.

I too live my life by no book. When I go to Afghanistan to fight for your freedom to spread this nonsense, there will be no book, no faith other than my brothers-in-arms. I don't need to have a purpose in life to feel fulfilled. When May 23rd comes around, I will drink to this. I will drink to you and the other sheep out there.

~nostrovia
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 5, 2011, 08:59 AM

My advice is to continue to do what makes you feel close to your god.

If going to church helps you organize your thoughts and beliefs, there is absolutely no reason why you cannot continue to go.

Besides--churches are an excellent place to find support and unconditional love from fellow human beings.
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Apr 5, 2011, 09:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post

If going to church helps you organize your thoughts and beliefs, there is absolutely no reason why you cannot continue to go.

Besides--churches are an excellent place to find support and unconditional love from fellow human beings.
    Here, Here.

Apr 5, 2011, 09:02 AM
    HeadStrongBoy: My advice is that, since May 21, 2011 is only about 6 weeks away don't go to any church at least until then.
    Depressed: ugh you're breaking my heart. But I appreciate your advice.
    I think I understand your need for fellowship, and that of your children. I'm sure that God will honor your desire to be obedient to His word. If you seek alternatives to church maybe a door will open that can provide what you need without being under the spiritual authority of any particular denomination.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 5, 2011, 09:14 AM

I read two major Canadian newspapers every morning, and to be quite honest, have never heard mention of this Camping in any one of them.

Have you eveer heard his name NK, other then on here?

Tick

Apr 5, 2011, 09:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post

Thank you, I agree that it is a great place for unconditional love.

Apr 5, 2011, 09:16 AM
    I think I understand your need for fellowship, and that of your children. I'm sure that God will honor your desire to be obedient to His word. If you seek alternatives to church maybe a door will open that can provide what you need without being under the spiritual authority of any particular denomination.
    Thanks, I'm still deciding on which church I want to remain at, I'm still "church-hopping" at this point. :D

Apr 5, 2011, 09:19 AM

Tick,

I have never heard of Camping until I posted this thread... I certainly never heard of him back in 1988 either... I did read on CNN.com about a month or so ago regarding this subject however... I don't remember mention of his name. I'll see if I can find it and try to post it if I can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

String theory and M-theory [ 4 Answers ]

What are the basic ideas behind the string theory? What about the M-theory : how advanced is it? Is it the truly unifying theory we all wish to see?

Bohr theory vs modern theory [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone explain the differences between the bohr and the modern atomic theories in the description of the electron Thanks :p

View more questions Search