Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2011, 12:29 PM
    We are deadlocked. :)
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2011, 06:44 AM

My guess, based on the info here, is that the movie was made, but with a different title.
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2011, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    My guess, based on the info here, is that the movie was made, but with a different title.
    Actually I read that item to say that they bought the rights but never made the movie. In fact that's the reason why there is no movie: Fox is squatting on the rights it bought.
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2011, 06:59 AM

I'm going nuts over this. If it is true that they never made a movie, then the only answer to my "memories" is that I must have read the book in the past but a) do not remember doing so, and b) the memories of the past reading are incredibly vivid.

This is so strange that I have such vivid visual memories. The pictures in my mind, of so many things in the book, are incredible.

I picture it all so clearly. It's crazy!
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2011, 07:12 AM
    So definetely not this?
    YouTube - outer limits new breed
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2011, 07:19 AM

Definitely not.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 31, 2011, 08:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Actually I read that item to say that they bought the rights but never made the movie. In fact that's the reason why there is no movie: Fox is squatting on the rights it bought.
    That's the answer I finally got from Libraryland last night. There has been no movie made from Crichton's book, either with the same title or a different one.

Should I track down Crichton's estate lawyer or someone at Fox who would know?
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2011, 08:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Should I track down Crichton's estate lawyer or someone at Fox who would know?
    No, but thank you. I'll do that myself. I want to hear it straight from the horses mouth. I'll contact Fox and/or the Crichton people and let y'all know what I learn from it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 31, 2011, 09:28 AM

RickJ, I would have given you someone's name and number once I verified this was the person who knew. I know how you dearly love horses and their mouths.
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2011, 09:36 AM
    I know how you dearly love horses and their mouths.
    Took me a few seconds but I got it. :)
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2011, 09:36 AM
    RickJ, I would have given you someone's name and number once I verified this was the person who knew. I know how you dearly love horses and their mouths.
    That would be awesome! I'm sure it would be better than my trying to use a basic "contact us" link.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 31, 2011, 09:56 AM

The Fox contact seems to be Hutch Parker, former President of TCF, now 20th Century Fox Film Group's vice chairman. He has raved that Fox bought the rights for a movie based on Prey. No phone number yet for him.

Twentieth Century Fox has purchased the motion picture rights to Michael Crichton's upcoming novel, Twentieth Century Fox has purchased the motion picture rights to Michael Crichton's upcoming novel, Prey, it was announced by Hutch Parker, President of TCF. Twentieth Century Fox is a unit of Fox Filmed Entertainment, a unit of Fox Entertainment Group.

Fox purchased the rights to Prey, shortly after Crichton submitted the book to Parker. The novel's plot is a tightly guarded secret, but brings together specific themes from two previous blockbuster works from Crichton: The Andromeda Strain and Jurassic Park. Harper Collins will publish the novel in November.

Hutch Parker said, "Michael Crichton is one of the master storytellers of our generation, and Prey is Crichton at his absolute best. We jumped at the chance to enter into preemptive negotiations to obtain this remarkable novel, and we are very excited to have the opportunity to turn it into a major motion picture event."
    , it was announced by Hutch Parker, President of TCF. Twentieth Century Fox is a unit of Fox Filmed Entertainment, a unit of Fox Entertainment Group.

Fox purchased the rights to [bbcode][/bbcode], shortly after Crichton submitted the book to Parker. The novel's plot is a tightly guarded secret, but brings together specific themes from two previous blockbuster works from Crichton: The Andromeda Strain and Jurassic Park. Harper Collins will publish the novel in November.

Hutch Parker said, "Michael Crichton is one of the master storytellers of our generation, and [bbcode][/bbcode] is Crichton at his absolute best. We jumped at the chance to enter into preemptive negotiations to obtain this remarkable novel, and we are very excited to have the opportunity to turn it into a major motion picture event."
    zubair_1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2011, 01:14 PM
    I am in the same predicament; am reading the book now, never read it before and DEFINITELY watched a movie with this content.
    It's not an answer, but at least RickJ should know he's not alone in this!
    generaltzo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2012, 01:58 AM
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanotechnology_in_fiction#Film_and_Television

When I read Prey, I pictured Carrie Anne Moss as Julia. I think what happened was that Michael Crichton so skillfully described his characters, that it was easy to picture an actor in the particular role. Or maybe he had some in mind already. Giving the illusion that a movie had been made. But looks like there hasn't been a movie with "nanobot cameras" yet, scifi-channel, or otherwise. Stargate's nanobots did have a "camera view", like when Six (I think was his name) had kidnapped Samantha Carter.
    z5123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2012, 07:23 AM
    I think you're thinking of The Andromeda Strain movie. Check it out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

I was told by a "spiritual leader" or "medium" to put white flowers in my bedroom. [ 8 Answers ]

I have no idea what they are intended to do or what area in my life they are going to improve or affect. Does anyone know what white flowers, specifically in the bedroom are for?? Thanks in advance!

View more questions Search