Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tuck60 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2011, 05:50 AM
    Feeling down about girl situation
    I started seeing this girl around June last year, we were never official because she was going travelling early 2011. We still went out etc and spoke all the time and I grew quite fond of the girl. I told her how much I liked her but we never mentioned what would happen when she got back as I didn't want to stop her from enjoying her trip. She has been gone for 2 months now and we have spoke a little via email etc but this has been very brief and it now appears she has met a guy whilst away and has plans to see him when she gets back. Don't really think I have any right to be annoyed but guess I had hoped that we might start seeing each other again when she got back. The fact that she hasn't been gone that long so can't have know this guy for too long doesn't help either I guess. Should I speak to her about this or just leave it?
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2011, 06:11 AM

It seems you wanted more out of this relationship. Did you actually date her or did you just hang out as friends?

If you were actually boyfriend and girlfriend, you should talk to her about the situation and tell her that you had hoped to keep seeing her and voice your concerns.

For her to tell you about a new guy indicates to me that she thought you were only friends. If you were truly only seeing each other as friends, then you should just not say anything at all and move on.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 30, 2011, 12:59 PM

Hello again guy, sorry it seems she has not gotten as emotionally involved as you have, but lets be real, she is having a great time living the single life, and you have not. Start balancing things out in your life so you have something to enjoy besides her in your life, then you can be friends, and see where things go when she does get back.

Right now your hopes are high, and your are down at the mention of possible competition. Don't be because their was no commitment any way, so don't start acting like a dejected, rejected lover, because you are not. Just stay at a safe emotional distance and see what she is up for when she gets back, and above all, have a life that you enjoy in the meantime. Thats the best plan B in the world.
    FLICKER689 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2011, 08:13 PM
    Hello tuck60 I'm a girl so I can help you out on this one frist off you seemed to come on to her as a friend and yea you told her you liked her. But many females seemed to ignore that and continue to kkep you only on the friends list if she met a guy an you know this for a fact then honestly she wasn't interested in you but if I was you id approach her in a gentel not to desperate to know kind of way in let her know again how you feel ask her what she thinks about that also try in get into detail with this guy if she seems to like him a lot don't crush it by saying you like her 90 percent of guys do this but if not says what on your mind of not it will only eat you inside and I wish you the best

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Feeling stuck in a situation [ 5 Answers ]

In my work place, my lab is separated by the adjacent lab by my bench, so when I work I am able to hear and see the other lab people in front of me. When they are socializing and joking around I get tempted to involve myself in their conversations because I like socializing, but I'm worried that I...

Trying to handle this situation with a girl I really like. [ 6 Answers ]

As a follow up to my previous entries I need to know right now is perhaps maybe no contact good for this situation: After getting back on track of talking and stuff I feel strong feelings for this girl. At times she would tell me she misses me. I asked her out and she said that she doesn't know....

Got a wrong feeling from a girl [ 7 Answers ]

So I came across this forum when I was searching for "why girls are so complicated" on Google... yeah I had a really bad day today and really needed advice, I hope you guys can give me some feedback on that! So a little bit history of myself: I'm 18, a college student right now. Nothing...

Feeling Inadequate around girl [ 22 Answers ]

I'll try to tell my story as concise and clear as possible. I have been friends with this girl now for about 2 months and a half; we get along great. She's very lively, social, intelligent, witty, etc. I'm very reserved, humble, sracastic and practical. For the past week there have been feelings...

New girl situation [ 11 Answers ]

Please advise me. I been talking to this girl for a while about going out with her and stuff and we fancy each other like crazy Anyway, I been playing it by the 'deangelo' text book, not been needy wussy any of that, I have showed her I want her but not said it. So we went to her grans at...

View more questions Search