Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blackest_night Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2011, 05:07 AM
    My ex-friend / girlfriend hates me, please help
    I haven't spoken to her in nearly two months, and haven't seen her in person since January 9th. She was a good friend of mine for two years. While we were dating, I found out she was already in a relationship with an abusive boyfriend, so it bothered me, but not TOO terribly, so I told her we can't do anything anymore, but if you break up with him we can resume. We did everything together: studied, movies, lunch, sex (kinda have to do that together O.o), etc. Went on the winter break, she broke up with her b/f, but her dad got in terrible legal trouble (jailtime for life most likely). When she got back, she was evasive, rarely if ever responded to texts / calls / Facebook / skype etc. After two weeks, I finally asked what are we, and she replied with a friendly "I just wanna be friends." Well, that really didn't sit right with me since I did nothing wrong and she loved being with me =/ so I went a little crazy with the texting and whatnot (never rude mind you). I just wanted her to confide in me how she was and she wouldn't do it, a bit selfish in retrospect. I send her a long fb message, to which she replies "I just wanna be friends as long as you're not waiting around. I just got out of a bad relationship and I hope I didn't lead you on." and I lost it. Never rude still, but terribly upset over the "I hope I didn't lead you on", and I kept up with the messaging and lo and behold, she got furious and sent a "leave me the hell alone and never talk to me again!", and defriended and blocked me from her life / fb / skype. I asked her friend what was going on, and he blabbed to her, that turned out worse. I didn't contact her for over a month, and I sent her an apology letter, to which she never responded. It is two weeks later, and was wondering if it's okay to send a: "How can I fix things between us?". I don't like us seeing one another on campus and she turns away without waving or smiling. I miss her terribly, and treated her amazingly (her words) throughout both friendship and beyond. I don't even care if we date anymore, I just want my friend back now that my emotions are under control. On a side note, one of her best friends is also her ex-boyfriend of over a year, whom she can never be with since he moved, but I believe is still in love with. She still visits him from time to time, and he still showers her with affection.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2011, 06:17 AM

She told you to leave her alone, so that's exactly what you should do. Don't try to talk to her and don't send any letters. You've made your point and she obviously isn't interested in being friends.

I kind of get the impression that she's right in ending the friendship. You seem a little too persistent and I think you really couldn't handle a friendship, as you'd always be hoping for more deep down.

Why not let it go and move on?
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2011, 06:18 AM
    You guys tried to date and she decided you weren't right for her.. she told you out straight she just wants to be friends but that wasn't enough for you and you harassed her and harassed her until you finally pushed her over the edge and she decided she didn't even want you as a friend. Leave her alone! I really don't blame her cutting all contact with you.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2011, 06:31 AM

Dude, my advice is don't do anything. She knows how you feel she made it quite clear for you to leave her alone. So leave her alone if she contacts you then talk to her if she doesn't then Keep it Movin'. I know it sucks but it's what you need to do.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2011, 08:12 AM

You can't force her to have feelings for you,so respect her wishes and leave her alone.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 30, 2011, 01:05 PM

She doesn't want what you want and has told you straight up to leave her alone. That's what you do, or look like a psycho who can't control his obsession.

Sorry guy, but this is NOT something you should do anything about except what she TOLD you to do!
    Blondewop Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Mar 30, 2011, 05:22 PM
    Take it from me, someone who has experience in exactly the same situation. Stop any contact, if you don't, it will only increase the animosity she presently feels for you now. Don't allow yourself drive her into real hatred for you, or fear of you. Use your time to do things that will further your own life. Don't do like I did and lose yourself in the drive for the necessity to be right. Time will cure you both. Your still at the point, it sounds like, that you have not become that "psycho ex" . Stay where you are. If she contacts you, be respectful and nice. Don't discuss the breakup or the relationship unless she brings it up. I'm telling you, you don't even want to be where I was. No contact.
    Good luck
    Be well

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend can't get. Over her ex that everybody hates because he just used her [ 3 Answers ]

He used her for sex and like she talks about him all the time and stuff and should I just dump her or what

My girlfriend hates me.. [ 11 Answers ]

My girlfriend hates me now, I'm pretty sure. I asked her if she wanted to have sex, I said it wouldn't hurt BUT I accidentally said I had sex with other girls before (just one, my ex-girlfriend) she was like, what?? then she just got mad. Will she get over it, cause she was pretty mad :( ?

Why does my girlfriend still think about her ex who she says she hates? [ 13 Answers ]

Why does my girlfriend still think about her ex who she says she hates? She says she keeps having memories of them having sex from a year ago and says that the position we do together.. they used to do. And that it reminds her of him. She says she hates him and doesn't know why it keeps coming up.

I think my girlfriend hates me [ 10 Answers ]

We have been together for a year, in few months now. We can talk on the phone for five minutes, and she's already mad at me and wants to get off the phone with me, saying she is getting cranky! Well I got worried, I don't know what else to do but I went and looked in her phone, and saw where...

View more questions Search