Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    himanshu_monga Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2011, 11:53 PM
    How to link excel sheet?
    How to link the excel cells with next colums so that when we miss any colums to fill then we don't hv write to fill next colums
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 30, 2011, 03:49 AM

You need to explain this further. You can reference any cell in a spreadsheet by using the cell's address (col and row, i.e. a1). But I don't understand what you mean by missing columns.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 31, 2011, 11:44 AM

You're referring to a feature in Data Validation. With this, you can set B2 to not accept any input until A2 has been filled in.

For example:

1. Select B2:F2
    2. Open the Data Validation window and apply these settings:

Settings: Allow: Custom
    Formula: =A2<>""

[ ] Ignore Blank
    << uncheck this

That should do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect one excel sheet to other excel sheet [ 28 Answers ]

How to connect one excel sheet to other excel sheet.

Create a link in a pdf file for open an Excel file in an specific sheet and cell [ 2 Answers ]

I know how to create a hyperlink in a pdf file that opens an Excel file but I don't know how this link can opens the Excel file in a specific sheet and cell; any ideas?

How can I connect one sheet 1 in excel to sheet 2 so it will update the information. [ 7 Answers ]

What I am trying to do is I have a schedule with drop down boxes I want to beable to click on a name in the dropdown box next to a time slot for appointments which are listed under the days date like a calendar, but once clicked I need it to update the list on the first sheet next to the same name...

Link spread sheets sheet 1 to sheet 2 , 2 to sheet 3 [ 4 Answers ]

I have attach what I have done on the site. What I need to do is link all of the data from sheet one to sheet 2. All I have found so far is how to link one cell to the other cell. In sheet 1 I have af 3 to af 699 . I need to bring all that data to sheet 2 to (d3 to d24) Sheet 2 will link into...

View more questions Search