Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2007, 03:39 PM
    OFF TOPIC. NO PROBLEM! Today January 22, 2007
    I'm not sure if this is even the right place for this but I heard on the radio that today was "the most depressing day of the year." Not sure who determines that but that's what I heard.

Anyway, I'm bringing this up because I've been in and out of here all day and it appears that many people posting today are in complete denial about what is going on in there life. Maybe this is something that will pass in a couple days for these posters. I'm not sure if it means anything or is just a weird coincidence but I just thought I'd point it out.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 22, 2007, 03:41 PM
    *Quietly moves to a more appropriate board*

What makes today the most depressing is worked out with a formula:

JANUARY BLUES DAY FORMULA

1/8W+(D-d) 3/8xTQ MxNA

Where:
    • W: Weather
    • D: Debt
    • d: Money due in January pay
    • T: Time since Christmas
    • Q: Time since failed quit attempt
    • M: General motivational levels
    • NA: The need to take action

Read more about it here: BBC NEWS | UK | 'I don't like Monday 24 January' (OK wrong date but this is from 2005)

All of my servers where certainly depressed today as they decided today would be a great day either to go verrrryyyyy slow or fail their services for no reason.
    Roll on tomorrow ;)

Google has a ton about today as well: most depressing day of the year - Google Search
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 23, 2007, 03:22 PM
    That's terrible Ben.Now I feel so miserable... :D
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2007, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nez
    Thats terrible Ben.Now I feel so miserable... :D

Snap out of it Nez, you were to feel terrible yesterday... not today :rolleyes:
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 23, 2007, 03:32 PM
    Out of curiosity... does that make the 2nd Friday in July the happiest day of the year?

Based on that formula and all that jazz.
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2007, 04:13 PM
    I think it's depressing because there's math involved.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2007, 04:18 PM
    Yes, I agree Chuff. That is why it is depressing.

Lol
    chippers Posts: 440, Reputation: 88

Jan 23, 2007, 04:33 PM
    I hate to throw a blanket on you, but I actually had a good day. But I see what everyone is coming from. Don't credit card bills come in this week?
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2007, 04:38 PM
    What happens when you live down under and it is 40 deg Celsius, the sun is shining, I have been for a morning surf with dolphins jumping around me, tomorrow is a public holiday and I'm off to Australia's biggest music festival to see some of the worlds greatest bands.

Why do I feel so blue? ;)

Sorry, I know that's what I said in another thread that bought this up but I couldn't help posting it again.

It isn't so depressing down here guys!

Enjoy your Northern Hemisphere.

(you can give it to me though come July, but ill be lying on some beach in Thailand so I won't care!! )
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2007, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    What happens when you live down under and it is 40 deg Celsius, the sun is shining, i have been for a morning surf with dolphins jumping around me, tomorrow is a public holiday and im off to Australia's biggest music festival to see some of the worlds greatest bands.

Why do i feel so blue? ;)

Sorry, i know thats what i said in another thread that bought this up but i couldnt help posting it again.

It aint so depressing down here guys!

(you can give it to me though come July, but ill be lying on some beach in Thailand so i wont care!!!)
    Well, I live in Florida (southern United States) and it's usually about 70 degrees, sunny, crystal blue skies with a slight breeze. It's pretty awesome. I dare say perfect. I used to live in Michigan (northern United States) which was gray, cold, gray, overcast, gray, snowy, and gray. That was depressing all winter long. Plus the southern hospitality thing is true too I think. People just seem happier down here. So other than the math Curly threw at us I can't complain.

Of course I'm writing that on Tuesday, January 23 so I guess I'm not as depressed as I was yesterday.

Jan 23, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    What happens when you live down under and it is 40 deg Celsius, the sun is shining, i have been for a morning surf with dolphins jumping around me, tomorrow is a public holiday and im off to Australia's biggest music festival to see some of the worlds greatest bands.

Why do i feel so blue? ;)

Sorry, i know thats what i said in another thread that bought this up but i couldnt help posting it again.

It aint so depressing down here guys!

(you can give it to me though come July, but ill be lying on some beach in Thailand so i wont care!!!)

Okay, now I'm having a bad day!
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2007, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chippers
    okay, now I'm having a bad day!!

But chippers... I love you... feel better now :):)

Have a good night!!
    KMSRyana Posts: 142, Reputation: 26

Jan 23, 2007, 11:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chuff
    Anyway, I'm bringing this up because I've been in and out of here all day and it appears that many people posting today are in complete denial about what is going on in there life.
    Life is perfect. After all we have world peace, there's no such thing as global warming, and Tony Blair even stopped by to say hello recently. Life is grand!! Who's in denial?

Jan 24, 2007, 03:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    But chippers....I love you...feel better now :):)

have a good night!!!
    I was just kidding. I'm here freezing my heavenly goddess but off picturing him surfing in the 80 degree sun.

PS I love you too

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop malfunction after Norton 2007 upgrade download [ 2 Answers ]

Downloaded Norton 2007 upgrade. Worked for two days. Third day computer began to crash. Email scanning messeages began appearing all over screen. Was no longer able to use my internet explorer 7 due to error "msvcrl.dll" missing. Reinstalling program might help. Microsoft was able to resolve...

2007 ford mustang gt prem [ 3 Answers ]

Due to the unreliabilty of my 2002 nissan altima 2.5s, the sole reason I got this piece of sh.. I was thinking of purchasing a 2007 ford mustang gt. Does anyone have any experience with the reliabilty of this vehicle?

Sedona, Flagstaff, Grand Canyon in January? [ 0 Answers ]

I'll be in Sedona for a week in January with teens and husband. What's closed and what's open within a day's drive in Arizona at that time of year? For example, can we drive to the Grand Canyon and back in one day? Is the Jerome ghost town open during winter?

View more questions Search