Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gooses Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 03:08 PM
    Types of Cameras
    What is a good but inexpensive camera that you have heard of or bought? I've been really interested in photography for a few years and want it to become my proffession when I'm older, but I don't have much experience as I only have a digital camera that doesn't have very good quality or zoom. Any input? Thanks!:D
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2007, 03:13 PM
    My opinion: find yourself a 5 year old digital SLR. You can expect 3-4 megapixels but all the features you need to learn to take good photos - and a good walkaround lens. I use a Canon D-3-, which you can pick up used with a good range lens for about $300... and you may very well find that it will be the camera that lasts you a lifetime.
    cdnphotog Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jan 23, 2007, 07:09 PM
    What is inexpensive? I always say better is better! And unfortunately that means more expensive - I suggest the Canon XTi - 10 mega pixel. All the Canon SLR cameras use all the same lenses so buy the best lens you can afford (L series are the best) and even when the bodies get updated you can keep using your lenses!

Hope this helps.
    miss k Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 2, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Well I don't know about a digi slr for starting.

I'd say, just get a regular digi between 3-5 MP.

Also two sites that are good when looking for a camera are DP Review and Steve's Digicams. Google them. They have all kinds of information including sample pictures taken with every camera imaginable.
    qwertyman Posts: 109, Reputation: 15

Mar 12, 2007, 10:03 PM
    Good start if you like it to become your profession, would be something like Canon 350D or 400D. Then you can upgrade to 30D or even 5D if $ allows. The smart to do would be to invest in good glass/lenses instead of buying the best camera right away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Digital Cameras [ 2 Answers ]

If you could only afford to pay $500 to purchase a digital camera which one would you purchase and why.

Concelear problems with cameras [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I have dark undereye circles do to my allergies and I do wear concelear and makeup, which covers it up fine and blends into my face but if I ever take a picture with a flash, it looks like I'm wearing a white mask around my eyes... why is that?? And how can I make it stop?

Digital cameras and X-ray machines [ 1 Answers ]

I am thinking about buying a digital camera for a trip to China in the near future. Do airport security machines, x-rays, effect the quality of the digital images? On a recent trip to Egypt I took a regular 35 mm camera and bought the film in Egypt. It was to no avail because every hotel...

Upgrading cameras ? [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently using a 3.5 mp Sony cyber-shot that is a couple of years old. I am somewhat frustrated with it because I have to be reasonably close to things (something dogs don't like), but not too close (VERY hard to get good flower photos) and the colors are "off" on the blue/black/purple...

Infrared game/trail cameras--motion vs. Heat detection. [ 1 Answers ]

I have two game/trail cameras that seem to function very differently. I'm wondering if they use the same method of detection for triggering a shot. One camera is the Stealth MC2-GV. It's a 35mm type and specs state that it uses heat motion detection. It triggers well at about 35 feet---...

View more questions Search