Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dr_octane13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2011, 12:06 PM
    Income Summary
    I am having difficulty calculating closing entries.
    Could you explain in easy to understand terms how to calculate both dr. and cr. For income summary and then totals.
    italiaaaxx Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2011, 03:16 PM
    Step 1: debit all your revenue accounts and credit income summary.
    Step 2: credit income summary for the cost of all your expenses, and then credit your expense accounts.
    Step 3: credit income summary the difference of the income summary from your revenues - income summary from your expenses.
    Step 4: Debit capital and credit withdrawals (both will be from the balance in your withdrawal account)

Example:
    Dr. Service Revenue 84,000
    Dr. Interest Revenue 15,000
    Cr. Income Summary 99,000

Dr. Income Summary 66,000
    Cr. Salary Expense 29,000
    Cr. Supplies Expense 6,000
    Cr. Depreciation Expense 12,000
    Cr. Rent Expense 15,000
    Cr. Interest Expense 4,000

Dr. Income Summary 33,000 (99,000 - 66,000)
    Cr. Capital 33,000

Dr. Capital 20,000
    Cr. Withdrawals 20,000

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Income Summary [ 5 Answers ]

I am not looking for the answer that's why I have not included the dollar amount. I just want to know how to do the income summary to the question below. What are the step I should follow? I have tried several steps and cannot come up with the answer. I must be leaving something out either in...

Income summary [ 2 Answers ]

For the income summary where do rev and expensives go?

Where do you put the income summary on a income statement [ 1 Answers ]

I am working on a project for school and I am at a lose on where to put my income summary. My choices are either under cost of goods sold, selling expense, or Gereral and administrative expenses. Can someone please help?? :confused:

Income Summary [ 1 Answers ]

I have closed all my temorary accounts to the income summary but it's a project for school and they want me to put it onto my worksheet. What do I put it under? I have a choice between unadjusted trial balance, adjustments, adjusted trial balance, then it extends to the income statement and balance...

Does the Income Summary Balance go to Income Statement [ 3 Answers ]

I am doing a 10 column worksheet and I have a credit $ amount in the Income Summary account in the Adjusted Trial Balance. Do I move that to the Income Statement or the Balance Sheet section of the worksheet?

View more questions Search