Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aberjulie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2011, 09:02 AM
    Riding lawn mower
    I just purchased a second hand rider and it doesn't have the switch to it,you have to start it by kind of the hot wiring procedure and I think that is dangerous and also someone could steal your tractor if known about it. Now my question is where can I get a switch for it and do I have to purchase a tractor switch or could I use a toggle switch for it? I just want to go out and just turn on the switch instead of trying the hot wiring procedure. And also I need a boot to cover the spark plug wire. If anyone knows of where I can get these items I would surely appreciate it. It is a briggs and stratton motor on my rider with a 42" cut under it. Please assist me if you can. Thank you folks and you all have a very nice day.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2011, 10:01 AM

U can get a switch with key at most lawn mower repair shops.

Or u can have shop install one for u. They should also be able to assist u with plug wire.

Chuck
    freddieshingler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2011, 07:15 AM
    Auto zone carrys toggle switches
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 10, 2011, 03:37 PM

Ignition switch is what you need and almost anyone could still start it or steal it. If I were a thief (not one) I would not plan to drive it off, I'd load it on a trailor and tow it away and install my own new IGNITION switch with my own key.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John deere riding lawn mower starts, but the lawn mower transmission won't engage [ 1 Answers ]

My John Deere riding lawn mower worked fine, It got a flat tire so I removed the tire and fixed it. I then replaced the tire. The lawn mower will turn on, the blades will engage, but the transmission won't engage. I checked the rod in the back of the lawn mower and it was in. I pulled it out and...

Lawn chief riding lawn mower forward and reverse [ 4 Answers ]

The lawn mower will not go forward or reverse, What should I check to fix this problem?

I need a mower deck belt for a Craftsman xls 1000 riding lawn mower. [ 2 Answers ]

I can't find a belt for my Craftsman xls 1000 riding lawnmower deck.

John Deer Riding Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I have a John Deer Riding Lawn Mower LX 173. It won't start. It ran fine last fall and I have a new battery on it. It will start with the help of starting fluid and run for just a second and then shut off. I found a hose disconnected on it but I'm not sure where it goes. It was laying...

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Toro 1744HXL riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I need a diagram for replacing the belt in the mowing deck of a Toro 17-44HLX riding mower

View more questions Search