Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TemitopeBalewa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2011, 02:59 AM
    Who wrote this poem?
    Hold on to what is good even if it is a handful of earth... Hold on to what you believe even if it is a tree which stands by itself.. Hold on to what you must do even if it is a long way from here... Hold on to life even if it is easier letting go.. Hold on to my hand even though you've gone a... way from me...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 29, 2011, 01:13 PM

One site says Native American Prayer, another site says Pueblo Indian Prayer, and another site says Nancy Wood quoted it in her book.

Hold on to what is good
    Even if it is
    A handful of earth.
    Hold on to what you believe
    Even if it is
    A tree which stands by itself.
    Hold on to what you must do
    Even if it is
    A long way from here.
    Hold on to life even when
    It is easier letting go.
    Hold on to my hand even when
    I have gone away from you.

~ Nancy Wood (from the book Many Winters, 1994 Taos Pueblo. ).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who wrote this poem: [ 0 Answers ]

It is something like this: Traveler from earth below/ when thee not further in our hall's magic glow/bide with us rather hast thou scanned joy's distant morrow/ cast away sorrow and enter'd the wish'd for land?

Who wrote this poem? [ 0 Answers ]

Deep within your knowledge base where all beliefs reside For every belief void of truth a hole has formed to hide A poison with the rotting stench, of a filthy ****ing lie Its presence never known to you, not even the day you die Its first deceitful silent act, Confuse your inner guide ...

Who wrote in a poem: [ 2 Answers ]

I read where John Maxwell wrote the following poem... but I don't think he did. "There is a choice you have to make, In everything you do. And you must always keep in mind, The choice you make, makes you." ... Can you help?

Who wrote this poem? [ 2 Answers ]

"The time I've lost in wooing, In watching and pursuing The light that lies In woman's eyes, Has been my heart's undoing. Tho' Wisdom oft has sought me, I scorn'd the lore she brought me, My only books Were women's looks, And folly's all they taught me.

View more questions Search